|210% 0% 125%|
|Use time||15 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Capable of mining Lihzahrd Bricks|
|Internal Item ID: 1294|
The Picksaw is a Hardmode, post-Golem Pickaxe/Axe that has a 12.5% (1/8) chance of being dropped by the Golem boss. It is the first pickaxe the player can obtain that will break Lihzahrd Bricks, meaning that the Picksaw is able to mine any block in the game.
Its best Modifier is Legendary. However, the Light, Agile, Deadly, Quick, and Nasty modifiers will all provide an identical speed bonus to Legendary. The primary roles of this item are mining and chopping rather than combat, and those actions are only affected by speed. Because it has six optimal modifiers, reforging the Picksaw is relatively cheap.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It does slightly less damage to enemies than the Pickaxe Axe (37), Chlorophyte Pickaxe (40), and Shroomite Digging Claw (45).
- It has a lower range bonus than the Spectre Pickaxe (+3).
- It has a longer use time than the Shroomite Digging Claw (11).
- Because the picksaw has a use time close to the Shroomite Digging Claw, use of full mining armor, along with other melee and mining speed boosts can bring the speed exceptionally close to the Shroomite Digging Claw, with the added perk of more range, and the ability to mine lihzahrd brick.
- This is one of the best pickaxes in the game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Picksaw is referenced in the Drax's tooltip: 'Not to be confused with a Picksaw'.
- "Picksaw" is a portmanteau of words, Pickaxe and saw, because it can perform the actions of both, just like the Drax being drill and axe.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2: Introduced.