|Dimensions||2 wide ˣ 1 high|
|Buy / Sell||1 / 20|
The Piggy Bank is a Storage item used to store items. Like other storage items (eg. the Chest), it contains 40 slots (10x4) that can be used to store anything. It can only be obtained by purchasing it from the Merchant for 1 Gold Coin. It requires only 2 horizontal tile spaces for placement, and must be placed on a Work Bench, Table, or Wood Platform.
- Each Piggy Bank contains the same items (when accessed by the same character), no matter where they are placed within the world. Purchasing multiple Piggy Banks will not give you more space, but will offer more points of access to your Piggy Bank contents.
- The Piggy Bank can be picked up even when it contains items. This makes it a viable way to expand your character's Inventory slots. Note that to use the Piggy Bank this way, you should also carry a Table, Workbench, or set of 2 to 4 Wood Platforms with you, to set it down on. Removing the platform with a Pickaxe will allow you to pick up both items again.
- The Piggy Bank's contents are saved with your character data, instead of the World data. You keep its contents with you from world to world, and from server to server.
- The Piggy Bank's contents are exclusive to each player, so other players will not have access to items in your Piggy Bank. This makes it useful for item security on PvP servers where stealing is allowed.
- Multiple players can use the same Piggy Banks without having access to each others items. Each player will only see their own items when accessing the same Piggy Banks.
Moving coins you gather into a Piggy Bank (or Safe) periodically may be useful, especially when exploring hazardous areas. Coins stored there will not be lost in case of death, even if the Piggy Bank is in your character's inventory at the time.
- The Safe has all of the same properties as the Piggy Bank listed above, except that it can be placed directly on the floor and has its own separate slots for storing a second set of 40 items.
- 18.104.22.168: Right-clicking to open a chest, Piggy Bank or Safe will no longer pick up an item from the stack where the cursor is.
- 1.2.3: Piggy Bank and Safe now correctly combine coins when Quick Stacking.
- 1.2: Now has 40 storage slots instead of 20.
- 1.0.6: Should no longer float when the ground beneath the table it is on is removed from beneath them.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.