|Dimensions||2 wide ˣ 1 high|
|Buy / Sell||1 / 20|
|Internal Item ID: 87|
|Internal Tile ID: 29|
The Piggy Bank is a portable storage item used to store items. Like other storage items (eg. Chests), it contains 40 slots (4 rows of 10) that can be used to store anything, however it has the unique ability (along with the Safe) to be carried while it contains items. It requires only 2 horizontal tile spaces for placement, and must be placed on a Work Bench, Table, or Wood Platform. The Piggy Bank is sold by the Merchant for 1 .
The Piggy Bank (as well as the Safe) functions similarly to other storage items, but with some important differences:
- Each Piggy Bank contains the same items (when accessed by the same character), no matter where they are placed within the world. Purchasing multiple Piggy Banks will not give you more space, but will offer more points of access to your Piggy Bank contents.
- The Piggy Bank can be picked up even when it contains items. This makes it a viable way to expand your character's Inventory slots. Note that a Table, Workbench, or set of 2 Wood Platforms will be required to place the Piggy Bank and add/remove items from it. It can be freed again with a Pickaxe.
- The Piggy Bank's contents are saved with your character data, instead of the World data. You keep its contents with you from world to world, and from server to server.
- The Piggy Bank's contents are exclusive to each player, so other players will not have access to items you store there. This makes it useful for item security on PvP servers where stealing is allowed.
- Multiple players can use the same Piggy Banks without having access to each others items. Each player will only see their own items when accessing the same Piggy Banks.
- Coins stored in a Piggy Bank or Safe will not be lost in case of death, even if it is in your character's inventory at the time.
- The Safe has all of the same properties as the Piggy Bank listed above, except that it can be placed directly on the floor and has its own separate slots for storing a second set of 40 items.
- 188.8.131.52: Right-clicking to open a chest, Piggy Bank or Safe will no longer pick up an item from the stack where the cursor is.
- 1.2.3: Piggy Bank and Safe now correctly combine coins when Quick Stacking.
- 1.2: Now has 40 storage slots instead of 20.
- 1.0.6: Should no longer float when the ground beneath the table it is on is removed from beneath them.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.