The Pirate is an NPC. If you have defeated a Pirate Invasion once and there is a vacant house, the Pirate will move in. This will even work in a non-hardmode world, provided you have a Pirate Map with you.
 Items sold
Once the Pirate has moved into a house, he will sell the following:
|Pirate Hat||5||Always available.|
|Pirate Shirt||5||Always available.|
|Pirate Pants||5||Always available.|
|Parrot Cracker||3 75||Must be in Ocean biome|
|Bunny Cannon||50||When Party Girl is present and one hardmode boss is defeated.|
The pirate can have the following names:
- Stay off me booty, ya scallywag!
- I'm no landlubber, but it's better to have lubbed and lost than never to have lubbed at all. (Reference to "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" from Alfred Tennyson's In Memoriam A.H.H.)
- YAR! Funny ye should be mentionin' parrots b'cause...um... What t'were we talkin' 'bout?
- "Yarr Blarr Harrdarr" (May be drunken speech)
- What in blazes are ye talkin' about? Moby Dick is mine!
- Yo ho ho and a bottle of....blinkroots!
If the player is female
- "[Name of Player], Ye be one o' the finest lookin' lassies this here captain's seen in many a fortnight!
In the housing menu, he has a description saying "I think he lost his boat".
- The name Black Beard is a reference to Captain Edward Teach, a notorious pirate in the early 18th century.
- The name David is a possible reference to the legend of Davy (a nickname for David) Jones and his famous locker.
- The name Jack is likely a "Pirates of the Caribbean" reference to Captain Jack Sparrow.
- The name Jake is possibly a reference to Cut-Throat Jake from Captain Pugwash.
- The name Captain Morgan could be a reference to the Captain Morgan brand of spiced rum or the Welsh privateer Henry Morgan, which the rum itself is named after.
- The name James T. Beard is a reference to Captain James T. Kirk from Star Trek.
- The name Red Beard is a possible reference to Oruç Reis, a Barbary pirate in the late 1400's, who was known in Europe as Barbarossa (Italian for Redbeard).
- The quote, "Yo ho ho and a bottle of blinkroot!" is a refrence to the quote, "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!" often said by pirates.
- 184.108.40.206: Added price for Sail.
- 1.2.4: Now sells Sail.
- 1.2.3: No longer sells Explosive Bunny.
- 1.2: Introduced.