|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
From Terraria Wiki
|Internal NPC ID: 229|
- This article is about the town NPC. For the enemies that spawn during the Pirate Invasion, see Pirates.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Pirate Hat||5||Always available.|
|Pirate Shirt||5||Always available.|
|Pirate Pants||5||Always available.|
|Sail||50 ()||Always available.|
|Parrot Cracker||3 75||Must be in Ocean biome|
|Bunny Cannon||50||When Party Girl is present, world is in Hardmode and one Mechanical Boss is defeated.|
|Explosive Bunny||35||(/) When Party Girl is present, world is in Hardmode and one Mechanical Boss is defeated.|
Names[edit | edit source]
The pirate can have the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Stay off me booty, ya scallywag!
- I'm no landlubber, but it's better to have lubbed and lost than never to have lubbed at all. (Reference to "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" from Alfred Tennyson's In Memoriam A.H.H.) (can sometimes be said by Party Girl)
- YAR! Funny ye should be mentionin' parrots b'cause...um... What t'were we talkin' 'bout?
- "Yarr Blarr Harrdarr" (May be drunken speech)
- What in blazes are ye talkin' about? Moby Dick is mine!
- Yo ho ho and a bottle of....blinkroots!
If the player is female
- "[Name of Player], Ye be one o' the finest lookin' lassies this here captain's seen in many a fortnight!
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the housing menu, he has a description saying "I think he lost his boat".
- The pirate looks exactly like the Pirate Captain in the Pirate Invasion.
- Like the Steampunker, the pirate's spawn requirements do not necessarily require the world to be in Hardmode, though you will need to have at least one other Hardmode world to get the necessary item to summon the pirate invasion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Many of the Pirate's possible names allude to historical captains- Edward "Blackbeard" Teach, Oruç "Redbeard" Reis David as in Davy Jones, Captain Henry Morgan, and the illustrious James T. Kirk are all paid homage through the Pirate, though the "pirate" status of many of these figures is contested to this day.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Added price for Sail.
- 1.2.4: Now sells Sail.
- 1.2.3: No longer sells Explosive Bunny.
- 1.2: Introduced.