|Dimensions||2 wide ˣ 2 high|
|Internal Tile ID: 238|
Plantera's Bulbs are Hardmode background objects that, when broken, summon Plantera. They are found naturally-placed in random Underground Jungle locations, once all 3 of the Mechanical Bosses have been defeated (the status message "The jungle grows restless" indicates that Plantera's Bulbs have begun spawning). A Bulb must be destroyed with a Pickaxe, a Drill or a Bomb in order to summon Plantera.
Plantera's Bulbs emit moderate light, and will appear in the minimap in areas the player has already explored. They spawn one at a time after a delay of about half a day between them, and unless destroyed, several will eventually be present (10-15 in a small world's naturally-generated Underground Jungle). If destroyed, they respawn after the same delay (though not necessarily in the same spot), allowing the player to summon Plantera an infinite number of times.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bulbs are very easy to spot, as they emit a faint pink light. They will also be labeled "Plantera's Bulb" if you hover over it on the map screen, where they appear as small pink areas.
- Plantera's Bulbs can spawn in player-produced Underground Jungle areas.
- Bulb placement is partially random, but they do spawn at somewhat regular intervals of roughly 150-300 tiles from each other. The more Underground Jungle a world contains, the more Bulbs will spawn. They do not require Underground Jungle between them, so small areas of Underground Jungle at least 300 tiles away from each other will each eventually spawn Bulbs (see image to the right).
- If a Bulb is broken after Plantera has already been summoned, a second Plantera will not spawn. However, it will become enraged.
- If one of the two blocks under the bulb turns in a Chlorophyte Ore block, the bulb will break and Plantera will spawn.
- Bulbs can spawn outside of the Jungle as long as there are Jungle Grass blocks for them to spawn on. However, breaking them may cause Plantera to "enrage" immediately.
- On the mobile version when you tap Plantera's Bulb it will not show the name.
- If the Bulb is destroyed with explosives, the Bulb will break but Plantera will not spawn.
- If Plantera's Bulb is in liquid and other liquid touches it the bulb will be destroyed from the block which is created(Honey/Obsidian/Crispy Honey), although Plantera won't be spawned
- If you teleport away from Plantera she will despawn.