Numerical miscellany for basic player functions and movement.
All characters start with 100 Health upon creation. The character gains 20 Health for every Life Crystal used. A maximum of 15 Life Crystals can be used per character, meaning a maximum of 400 Health for a character.
All characters start with 0 Mana upon creation. The character gains 20 Mana for every Mana Crystal used. A maximum of 10 Mana Crystals can be used per character, meaning a maximum of 200 Mana for a character (not counting Armor, Accessories, Buffs, or Modifiers)
Additionally, Mana can be increased (and usage decreased) with the following:
|Mana Increase||Usage Decrease|
|Jungle armor 1||+60||Jungle armor||-16%|
|Cobalt Hat||+40||Cobalt Armor (Hat)||-14%|
|Mythril Hood||+60||Mythril Armor (Hood)||-17%|
|Adamantite Headgear||+80||Adamantite Armor (Headgear)||-19%|
|Hallowed Headgear||+100||Hallowed Armor (Headgear)||-20%|
|Band of Starpower||+20||Mana Flower 2||-8%|
|Arcane 3||+20||Mystic / Adept / Masterfull 4||-15%|
|Celestial / Manic / Mythical 4||-10%|
|+220 (240 with buff)||-49% (51 with buff)|
- 1. For each piece mana is increased by 20.
- 2. Mana potions automatically consumed when needed.
- 3. Only applicable to accessories. Five accessories may have this modifier, meaning +100 mana.
- 4. Only applicable to weapons. Only one modifier may be applied
- Note that magic damage / damage modifiers exist.
- Most importantly, note that maximum mana is 400, even when it seems it should be 420 (440 with buff).
 Horizontal movement
All characters start with a horizontal movement speed of 11.36 blocks/sec, or 22.72 feet/sec (as one block in Terraria is a two by two foot square). These values are ignoring the small amount of time it takes to accelerate from a standing position. Horizontal movement speed is capped at 1.4*base speed, or +40%.
- The three hook tools, the Grappling Hook, Ivy Whip, and Dual Hook reel in the player at a constant speed regardless of speed boosting accessories. The more passive speed boosts a player has, the less noticeable using a hook is to move quickly.
- The Hermes Boots and Spectre Boots build up to a fixed speed of max speed. Using movement boosts with one of the two boots only speeds up the boots' effect.
|Nothing from below||+0%||11.36||22.72|
|Hallowed Greaves 1||+8%||+0.912||+1.824|
|Hallowed Armor 1 (mask)||+19%||+2.166||+4.332|
|Anklet of the Wind||+10%||+1.14||+2.28|
|With both buffs:||+89%||+10.146||+20.292|
- 1. If full Hallowed Armor with mask is equipped the speed bonus is only +19%, not +27% (19 + 8).
- 2. Only applicable to accessories. Five accessories may have these modifiers, meaning +20% horizontal speed possible. Only one of these modifiers may be applied at a time. (See: Reforging)
- As of 1.0.6, two of the same type of accessories may no longer be equipped at once, thus it is impossible to use more than one Anklet of the Wind, except with the use of an inventory editor.
- Most importantly, note that maximum horizontal movement speed is approximately 16 blocks/second (32 feet/second), which is about +40%, even when it seems it should be +54% (+89% with buffs).
 Vertical movement
Players are able to jump once to a height of 6 blocks above foot level with no extra equipment. A Shiny Red Balloon will increase this to 10 blocks. A Cloud in a Bottle will provide a second jump which begins at a similar velocity to the first, and is also affected by the Shiny Red Balloon if the player has both equipped. There are currently no items that make you fall faster, though the Ivy Whip or Grappling Hook may be used to temporarily "fall" faster by grappling downwards while in water or Cobwebs (they are not significantly faster than falling in air). The numbers for Rocket Boots are at maximum velocity, not when decelerating.
 Medium movement
|Water & Cobweb||-96.82%||~0.45||~0.9|
|Attack Speed • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage types • Data IDs|
Day and night cycle • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty • Environment • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory
Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Modifier • Moon phase • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement
Player stats • Rarity • Shoot speed • Spawn • Storage items • Use time • Value