|Damage||80 / 90 (Melee)|
|Use time||13 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Chases after your enemy|
|Internal Item ID: 1122|
The Possessed Hatchet is a Hardmode, post-Golem boomerang-type melee weapon that flies extremely fast and homes in on enemies, then returns to the player. It also emits a good deal of light when thrown. It has a 1/8 (12.5%) chance to be dropped from the Golem. The weapon acts like stacked Light Discs, capable of throwing out multiple axes even if the weapon cannot stack, and has unlimited numbers.
The Possessed Hatchet has an extremely short range, and will home in on any enemy. When it has no enemy to home in on, the Hatchet returns to the player after flying a relatively short distance of only 25 tiles.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the weapon being fast and is capable of throwing multiple axes, this weapon can be spammed and be quite effective against certain bosses, especially Duke Fishron.
- It can also counter Crawltipedes since it always targets the tail and can take it out in a few hits.
- In the console version, the weapon has no autoswing, significantly reducing its usefulness.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If used correctly, the player can attack enemies from behind a wall.
- If the player dies while this item is out, it will hover at their death point until they respawn, when it will fly to them.
- Despite countering Crawltipedes, it will follow the tail segment of all worm creatures.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Damage reduced from 90 to 80, use time reduced from 14 to 13. Can be thrown in rapid succession.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Boomerangs |
|Wooden • Enchanted • Ice • Fruitcake Chakram • Bloody Machete • Thorn Chakram • Flamarang Flying Knife • Bananarang • Light Disc • Paladin's Hammer • Possessed Hatchet|