|Dimensions||1 wide ˣ 3 high|
|Tooltip||Right click to open|
Before 1.2.2, presents came in three colors (Yellow, Green, Blue), were not stackable, and contained only Candy Cane Blocks, Green Candy Cane Blocks, and hardmode-exclusive Snow Globes. The 1.2.2 update introduced new Presents that were stackable and contained a larger variety of items, leaving previous Presents untouched.
As all enemies have an equal chance of dropping presents, players who are specifically trying to acquire them should focus on areas with high spawn rates and easy enemies. Battle Potions and a Water Candle make more enemies spawn, as does fighting in the Jungle or during a Blood Moon. Players may also gather presents as a by product of other activities, for instance while farming Pixie Dust or Cursed Flames.
An effective way to quickly farm presents is to fight the Eater of Worlds. Since each segment of this boss counts as an enemy, players that are powerful enough to destroy it with ease can obtain many presents provided the segments are destroyed where the player can collect their drops easily. The only downsides to this method are obtaining the needed materials to craft Worm Food and the difficulty the fight poses for less powerful players.
An easy way of doing this for players in hardmode is to summon a Pumpkin Moon or Frost Moon at floating island level. None of the event enemies will spawn up at this level, but the spawn rate of Harpies and Wyverns is drastically increased. This allows for easy, fast collecting of presents.
 Regular Mode Contents
- Candy Cane Block - Can be made into Candy Cane Wall
- Green Candy Cane Block - Can be made into Green Candy Cane Wall
- Parka Hood, Parka Coat, Parka Pants - Vanity item
- Mrs. Clause Hat, Mrs. Clause Shirt, Mrs. Clause Heels - Vanity item
- Tree Mask, Tree Shirt, Tree Trunks - Vanity item
- Snow Hat - Vanity item
- Ugly Sweater - Vanity item
- Reindeer Antlers - Vanity item
- Pine Tree Block - Can be placed
- Holly - Can be placed
- Candy Cane Sword - Weapon
- Candy Cane Pickaxe - Tool
- Candy Cane Hook - Tool (Currently bugged and doesn't drop)
- Fruitcake Chakram - Weapon
- Star Anise - Weapon
- Red Ryder - Weapon
- Eggnog - Consumable
- Sugar Cookie - Consumable
- Gingerbread Cookie - Consumable
- Christmas Pudding - Consumable
- Toolbox - Accessory
- Hand Warmer - Accessory
- Dog Whistle - Pet-Summoning item
 Hard Mode Contents
The above, plus: