| Pressure Plate
|| 1 wide ˣ 1 high
| Max stack
| Use time
|| Activates when stepped on (Red, Green)|
Activates when a player steps on it (Gray, Brown, Blue, Lihzahrd)
Activates when anything but a player steps on it (Yellow)
| Buy / Sell
|| 50 / 10
Pressure Plates are activation mechanisms that trigger wired mechanisms when stepped on. A Pressure Plate's color determines which characters can trigger it.
Plates can be purchased from a Mechanic or taken from a natural source, since they are randomly generated on the map during world creation as the trigger for traps. The plate sits partially hidden on top of blocks, so they may be difficult to spot. The color of naturally spawned Pressure Plates is dependent on the color of block it is generated on top of. They should be approached with caution as each one is connected to a trap mechanism.
The Mechanic sells all types, except for Lihzahrd pressure plates, which have their own distinct color of brown to blend in with Lihzahrd Bricks.
|| Trigger criteria
| Gray Pressure Plate
|| Triggered by players only.
| Brown Pressure Plate
| Blue Pressure Plate
| Lihzahrd Pressure Plate
| Red Pressure Plate
|| Triggered by players, NPCs and enemies.
| Green Pressure Plate
| Yellow Pressure Plate
|| Triggered by NPCs and enemies.
- Pressure Plates allow you to see laid wires when held, which can help you to avoid traps.
- Pressure Plates that can be triggered by non-players can also be triggered by Boulders. This can be used as a delay, or to trigger a row of traps as it rolls down a hallway.
- Pressure Plates can also be used for opening and closing doors without having to click on them, although be careful that they are not unintentionally triggered by NPCs or enemies.
- Paint can be applied to them for PVP purposes, making them nearly invisible
- 188.8.131.52: Extra "on" at the end of the tooltips removed. This is an unlisted bugfix.
- Now have different triggering criteria based on color.
- Blue, yellow, and Lihzahrd variants added.
- Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Enemies no longer trigger underground pressure plates.
- 1.1: Introduced.