|Type||Furniture – Mechanism|
|Dimensions||1 wide ˣ 1 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip|| Activates when stepped on (Red, Green)|
Activates when a player steps on it (Gray, Brown, Blue, Lihzahrd)
Activates when anything but a player steps on it (Yellow)
|Buy / Sell||50 / 10|
|Internal Tile ID: 135, 428|
Pressure Plates can be purchased from a Mechanic or taken from a natural source, since the Red, Brown, Gray and Lihzahrd pressure plates are randomly generated on the map during world creation as the trigger for traps. The plate sits partially hidden on top of blocks, so they may be difficult to spot. The color of naturally spawned Pressure Plates is dependent on the color of block it is generated on top of. They should be approached with caution as each one is (usually) connected to a trap mechanism.
Types[edit | edit source]
| Gray Pressure Plate
Internal Item ID: 542
|Triggered by players only.|
| Brown Pressure Plate|
Internal Item ID: 543
| Blue Pressure Plate|
Internal Item ID: 852
| Lihzahrd Pressure Plate|
Internal Item ID: 1151
| Red Pressure Plate
Internal Item ID: 529
|Triggered by players, NPCs and enemies.|
| Green Pressure Plate|
Internal Item ID: 541
| Yellow Pressure Plate
Internal Item ID: 853
|Triggered by NPCs and enemies.|
| Pink Weighted Pressure Plate
Internal Item ID: 3626
|Triggered by player when stepping on or off it.|
| Orange Weighted Pressure Plate|
Internal Item ID: 3630
| Purple Weighted Pressure Plate|
Internal Item ID: 3631
| Cyan Weighted Pressure Plate|
Internal Item ID: 3632
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Dangersense buff will highlight Pressure Plates.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Pressure Plates allow you to see laid wires when held, which can help you to avoid traps.
- Pressure Plates that can be triggered by non-players can also be triggered by Boulders. This can be used as a delay, or to trigger a row of traps as it rolls down a hallway.
- Pressure Plates can also be used for opening and closing doors without having to click on them, although be careful that they are not unintentionally triggered by NPCs or enemies. This can be avoided by using the right kinds of pressure plate.
- Paint can be applied to them for PvP purposes, making them nearly invisible.
- If Players travels fast enough, faster than 95 mph, over the Pressure Plate Track it is possible for it not to trigger.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Teal Pressure Pad, which is activated by impacting projectiles and the Companion Cube.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Added Weighted Pressure Plates.
- 18.104.22.168: Updated sprites for all pressure plates.
- 1.2.4: Now used to make Pressure Plate Tracks.
- Now have different triggering criteria based on color.
- Blue, yellow, and Lihzahrd variants added.
- Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Enemies no longer trigger underground pressure plates.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Tools||Wire • Wrenches • Wire Cutter • Multicolor Wrench • The Grand Design • Actuation Rod|
|Accessories||Mechanical Lens • Presserator|
|Triggers||Lever • Switch • Pressure Plates • Timers • Detonators • Trapped Chests|
|Devices||Active/Inactive Stone Block • Actuator • Pumps • Teleporter • Functional Statues • Light sources • Gemspark Blocks|
|Traps||Dart • Super Dart • Spear • Spiky Ball • Flame • Explosives • Geyser|