|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a charged arrow|
|Buy / Sell||45 / 9|
|Internal Item ID: 2223|
The Pulse Bow is a unique post-Plantera Hardmode bow that auto-fires a high-velocity glowing white bolt, which is unaffected by gravity, will pierce enemies, can ricochet five times, and fly for 3.5 seconds (~480 tiles) before dissipating. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 45 , after Plantera has been defeated. The Traveling Merchant will use it for self-defense once a world is in Hardmode.
Like other bows and repeaters, it can use any arrow type as ammunition, but always fires the same unique white projectile, rather than providing any particular arrow's usual sprite. Effects normally provided by a particular arrow type are cancelled, except for their damage statistic.
The Pulse Bow has a base 11% critical strike chance as opposed to the usual 4%.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Pulse Bow operates differently compared to other bows. Even though it consumes arrows, its projectiles appear as if they were cast by a magic weapon in that they emit a particle glow, ricochet, pierce, dissipate in midair, and are unaffected by gravity.
- The Pulse Bow also operates differently in the console and mobile versions of the game, where it is slower and is affected by gravity. (A recent patch on Xbox 360 and Xbox One fixed this, it now fires projectiles much more similar to PC edition although untested on PS3/PS4)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Pulse Bow is generally considered one of best bows in the game, although the Tsunami and Phantasm can outdamage it against single targets.
- It is an excellent weapon for discovering Floating Islands, due to its high speed and ricochet ability.
- Its piercing and ricochet abilities make it useful in confined spaces, such as Dungeons.
- If shot at the right angle, the Pulse Bow's projectiles can ricochet through one-block walls. This appears to happen when the projectile hits a block at an entry angle of 40 to 50 degrees, and is easier to pull off when first bouncing the projectile off of another surface. This useful trick can be used in many situations to attack enemies behind cover.
- Because the Pulse Bow cancels additional arrow effects, damage is the only factor that should be considered in choosing an arrow type. The highest base damage can currently be achieved with Venom Arrows or Cursed Arrows (82).
- Because the Pulse Bow cancels additional arrow effects, the Endless Quiver will fire special bolts indefinitely.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Pulse Bow's color scheme is similar to that of Shroomite equipment.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: Introduced.