| PC-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the PC version of Terraria.
The shots fired by a Pulse Bow.
The Pulse Bow is a unique post-Plantera Hardmode ranged weapon. It fires a high-velocity white bolt that is unaffected by gravity and can pierce or ricochet five times, or fly for 3.5 seconds (about 480 blocks), before dissipating. It can be auto-fired by holding down the attack button. It is sometimes sold by the Traveling Merchant after Plantera has been defeated.
The best Modifier for the Pulse Bow is Unreal.
- The Pulse Bow operates in a drastically different manner than other Bows. Even though it consumes Arrows, its projectiles do not resemble arrows in their animation or in their physics, rather being more like magic weapon projectiles in that they ricochet, pierce, dissipate in midair, and are unaffected by gravity.
- It is generally considered one of best bows in the game, due to the fact that it is the only auto-firing bow which can pierce and ricochet while unaffected by gravity. However, the Tsunami can outdamage it against single targets.
- The Pulse Bow is an excellent tool for finding floating islands if you haven't discovered them already, as the arrows out-speed Meteor Shot.
- Because of the piercing and ricochet abilities, this bow is useful in confined spaces like the Dungeon.
- Because the Pulse Bow cancels additional arrow effects, arrow damage is the only factor one should consider in choosing which arrow type to use with it. The highest base damage arrow is currently the Venom Arrow.
- With Venom Arrows, its base damage can reach about 82. This is without modifiers, accessories, or armor that increase arrow damage, such as the Shroomite armor.
- The Bow has 10% more critical strike chance than most other bows.
- Its color scheme appears similar to that of Shroomite-based armor and equipment.
If fired at the area between two adjacent blocks, the arrow can clip through floors up to two tiles thick by ricocheting through them.
When purchasing the Pulse Bow if you Right Click and drop the bow in your inventory it will appear as it normally would, however if you left click the bow and drop it in your inventory, and should it have no modifiers, it will appear as Cyan rarity and sell back for 11 gold instead of 9. Selling it and buying it back reverts the rarity and the sale value to their proper state.
In glitched worlds, it is possible for the Traveling Merchant
to sell this item after one mechanical boss is defeated, instead of Plantera.