|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a charged arrow|
|Buy / Sell||45 / 9|
The Pulse Bow is a unique post-Plantera Hardmode ranged weapon that fires a high-velocity white bolt that is unaffected by gravity and can pierce or ricochet five times, or fly for 3.5 seconds (about 480 blocks), before dissipating. It can be autofired by holding down the attack button. It is sometimes sold by the Traveling Merchant after Plantera has been defeated.
Like other Bows or Repeaters, it can use any Arrow type as ammunition, but always fires the same unique white bolt projectile, rather than providing an Arrow's usual sprite and animation. All effects normally provided by a particular Arrow type are cancelled, except for its damage statistic.
The Pulse Bow has a base 11% critical strike chance as opposed to the usual 4%.
The best Modifier for the Pulse Bow is Unreal.
- The Pulse Bow operates in a drastically different manner than other Bows. Even though it consumes Arrows, its projectiles do not resemble arrows in their animation or in their physics, rather being more like magic weapon projectiles in that they ricochet, pierce, dissipate in midair, and are unaffected by gravity.
- It is generally considered one of best bows in the game, due to the fact that it is the only auto-firing bow which can pierce and ricochet while unaffected by gravity. However, the Tsunami can outdamage it against single targets.
- The Pulse Bow is an excellent tool for finding floating islands if you haven't discovered them already, as the arrows out-speed Meteor Shot.
- Because of the piercing and ricochet abilities, this bow is useful in confined spaces like the Dungeon.
- Because the Pulse Bow cancels additional arrow effects, arrow damage is the only factor one should consider in choosing which arrow type to use with it. The highest base damage arrow is currently the Venom Arrow.
- With Venom Arrows, its base damage can reach about 82. This is without modifiers, accessories, or armor that increase arrow damage, such as the Shroomite armor.
- Its color scheme appears similar to that of Shroomite-based armor and equipment.
- 1.2.3: Introduced.
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|