|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a charged arrow|
|Buy / Sell||45 / 9|
The Pulse Bow is a unique post-Plantera Hardmode bow that auto-fires a high-velocity glowing white bolt that is unaffected by gravity and can pierce or ricochet five times, or fly for 3.5 seconds (~480 tiles), before dissipating. It is randomly sold by the Traveling Merchant after Plantera has been defeated.
Like other Bows and Repeater, it can use any Arrow type as ammunition, but always fires the same unique white projectile, rather than providing any particular Arrow's usual sprite. Effects normally provided by a particular Arrow type are cancelled, except for their damage statistic.
The Pulse Bow has a base 11% critical strike chance as opposed to the usual 4%.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
- The Pulse Bow operates in a drastically different manner than other Bows. Even though it consumes Arrows, its projectiles more resemble magic weapon projectiles in that they emit a particle glow, ricochet, pierce, dissipate in midair, and are unaffected by gravity.
- The Pulse Bow is generally considered one of best bows in the game, although the Tsunami can outdamage it against single targets.
- The Pulse Bow is an excellent tool for discovering Floating Islands due to its high speed and ricochet ability.
- Because of the piercing and ricochet abilities, this bow is useful in confined spaces like the Dungeon.
- Because the Pulse Bow cancels additional arrow effects, damage is the only factor one should consider in choosing an arrow type. The highest base damage can currently be achieved with Venom Arrows (82).
- Its color scheme appears similar to that of Shroomite armor and equipment.
- 1.2.3: Introduced.
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor • Spooky armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood • Beetle Husk|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|