- Not to be confused with Pumpking, a hardmode Pumpkin Moon event boss.
Pumpkin growth stages.
Pumpkins are a crafting material that grow on Grass. They can be planted manually by the player year-round by purchasing Pumpkin Seeds from the Dryad NPC and placing them on Grass. They also grow naturally in random Grass locations during the Halloween seasonal event.
Harvesting fully-grown Pumpkins during the Halloween season will rarely yield a Magical Pumpkin Seed, which is used to summon the Squashling pet.
Pumpkin Seeds each require 2 blocks width and 2 blocks height to grow Pumpkins.
- A Pumpkin plant will yield Pumpkins in any stage except while it is fully green. The bigger it is, the more Pumpkins will be harvested.
- Pumpkins cannot be collected with Staff of Regrowth.
- Pumpkins can only grow on the Surface layer.
- Pumpkins can grow in front of background walls.
- Pumpkins can be harvested by any means (such as Actuators) in order to obtain the Magical Pumpkin Seed.
- 22.214.171.124: Now sells for 25 .
- 1.2.4: Is now used to craft Pumpkin Clock and Pumpkin Sofa.
- 1.2.3: More pumpkin furniture and lighting introduced.
- 1.2.1: Introduced.