- Not to be confused with Pumpking, a hardmode Pumpkin Moon event boss.
Pumpkin growth stages.
Pumpkins are a crafting material that grow on Grass. They can be planted manually by the player year-round by purchasing Pumpkin Seeds from the Dryad NPC and placing them on Grass. They also grow naturally in random Grass locations during the Halloween season.
Harvesting Pumpkins will rarely yield a Magical Pumpkin Seed only during the Halloween season, which is used to summon the Squashling pet.
Pumpkin Seeds each require 2 blocks width and 2 blocks height to grow Pumpkins.
- The Pumpkin plant will not yield Pumpkins unless it is in its final growth stage. The final stage and the second-to-last stage look deceptively similar; players will want to be careful not to harvest them too early, or the Pumpkin plant may be wasted.
- A Pumpkin plant will yield Pumpkins in any stage except while it is fully green. The bigger it is, the more Pumpkins will be harvested.
- Pumpkins do not require sunlight behind them, and will grow in front of background walls.
- Pumpkins cannot be collected with Staff of Regrowth.
- 184.108.40.206: Now sells for 25 .
- 1.2.4: Used is to craft Pumpkin Clock and Pumpkin Sofa.
- 1.2.3: More pumpkin furniture and lighting introduced.
- 1.2.1: Introduced.