A pygmy standing by a player's side.
The Pygmy Staff is a Hardmode summon weapon. It spawns a pygmy character that follows the player and attacks enemies via a ranged spear attack. Like other minions, the summoned pygmy is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff. The Pygmy Staff is dropped by Plantera (25% or 1/4 chance and a 50% chance in Expert).
Its best Modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Pygmy Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
- Each time the Pygmy is summoned, it has a random one of four possible sprite graphics. They are all functionally identical. The colors correspond to the mask colors of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The pygmy catches up to fast-moving players by flying while standing, sitting, or hanging on its spear.
- Pygmies now have a chance to inflict poison and venom.
- Pygmies now have a larger range and the first projectile thrown will always pierce rather than getting stuck.
- 184.108.40.206: Now requires 10 mana.
- No longer requires mana.
- Damage increased from 29 to 34.
- 1.2.3: Damage increased from 27 to 29.
- 1.2.1: Damage increased from 25 to 27.
- 1.2: Introduced.