From Terraria Wiki
|Tooltip||Summons a pygmy to fight for you|
The best possible modifier for this weapon is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier presents a wider array of stat bonuses, but these mostly affect the initial summon, not the resulting Pygmy. Additionally, minions cannot critically hit.
- Using the Slime Staff will replace your pygmy, and vice-versa.
- When you have the Tiki armor equipped, the number of summoned pygmies increase. The Tiki armor can be purchased from the Witch Doctor, but only when you have the staff in your inventory. Each piece increases minion count and damage, as well as a set bonus of an extra minion. Combined with a Pygmy Necklace, up to six Pygmys may be summoned at once.
- An alternative to Tiki armor is Spooky armor which can be acquired during the pumpkin moon event by gathering a large amount of Spooky Wood and crafting at a work bench. Each piece increases minion count and damage, as well as a set bonus of an extra 25% damage.
- Accessories which increase the count further include Pygmy Necklace, Necromantic Scroll, and Papyrus Scarab.
- Minions do not deal critical hits.
- Each time the Pygmy is summoned, it has a random one of four possible sprite graphics. They are all functionally identical.
- If the player travels fast enough (faster than the Pygmy can run) or the player uses their wings, the Pygmy will start flying after the player while standing, sitting, or hanging on its spear.
| Minions |
|Slime Staff • Pygmy Staff • Raven Staff • Staff of the Frost Hydra|
| Characters |
|Pre-Hardmode Enemies • Hardmode Enemies • Event Enemies • Bosses • Critters • Friendly NPCs • Familiars|
|Pets||Baby Dinosaur (Item) • Baby Grinch (Item) • Baby Skeletron Head (Item) • Bunny (Item) • Cursed Sapling (Item) • Puppy (Item) • Baby Eater (Item) • Eyeball Spring (Item) • Baby Penguin (Item) • Lizard (Item) • Squashling (Item) • Baby Hornet (Item) • Parrot (Item) • Turtle (Item) • Sapling (Item) • Spider (Item) • Baby Truffle (Item) • Tiki Spirit (Item) • Baby Snowman (Item) • Black Cat (Item)|
|Zombie (Item) • Guinea Pig (Item) • Tiphia (Item) • Slime (Item) • Bat (Item) • Werewolf (Item) • Cupid (Item) • Elfa (Item) • Android (Item)|
|Minions||Baby Slime • Pygmy • Frost Hydra • Raven|
|Lighting||Shadow Orb • Fairy • Wisp|
|Melee Weapons ( Other) • Ranged Weapons ( Other) • Magic Weapons • Other Weapons|
|Direct Attack||Gem Staves||Amethyst Staff • Topaz Staff • Sapphire Staff • Emerald Staff • Ruby Staff • Diamond Staff|
|Aqua Scepter • Space Gun • Water Bolt • Ice Rod • Crystal Storm • Golden Shower • Book of Skulls • Laser Rifle • Magical Harp • Magic Dagger • Leaf Blower • Frost Staff • Poison Staff • Razorpine • Heat Ray • Shadowbeam Staff • Blizzard Staff • Venom Staff • Unholy Trident|
|Area Effect Attack||Vilethorn • Nettle Burst • Crimson Rod • Nimbus Rod • Demon Scythe • Staff of Earth • Magnet Sphere • Rainbow Gun • Inferno Fork|
|Homing Attack||Bee Gun • Wasp Gun • Bat Scepter • Spectre Staff|
|Bouncing Attack||Cursed Flames • Flower of Fire • Flower of Frost|
|Controlled Attack||Magic Missile • Flamelash • Rainbow Rod|
|Minion Attack||Slime Staff • Pygmy Staff • Raven Staff • Staff of the Frost Hydra|