| PC-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the PC version of Terraria.
A pygmy standing by a player's side.
The Pygmy Staff is a magic weapon weapon that summons a pygmy minion to fight by your side using a ranged spear attack. The staff is dropped by Plantera (25% or 1/4 chance).
The best possible modifier for this weapon is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier presents a wider array of stat bonuses, but these mostly affect the initial summon, not the resulting Pygmy. Additionally, minions cannot critically hit.
- Using the Slime Staff will replace your pygmy, and vice-versa.
- When you have the Tiki armor equipped, the number of summoned pygmies increase. The Tiki armor can be purchased from the Witch Doctor, but only when you have the staff in your inventory. Each piece increases minion count and damage, as well as a set bonus of an extra minion. Combined with a Pygmy Necklace, up to six Pygmys may be summoned at once.
- An alternative to Tiki armor is Spooky armor which can be acquired during the pumpkin moon event by gathering a large amount of Spooky Wood and crafting at a work bench. Each piece increases minion count and damage, as well as a set bonus of an extra 25% damage.
- Accessories which increase the count further include Pygmy Necklace, Necromantic Scroll, and Papyrus Scarab.
- Minions do not deal critical hits.
- Each time the Pygmy is summoned, it has a random one of four possible sprite graphics. They are all functionally identical.
- If the player travels fast enough (faster than the Pygmy can run) or the player uses their wings, the Pygmy will start flying after the player while standing, sitting, or hanging on its spear.
- 1.2.3: Damage increased from 27 to 29.
- 1.2.1: Damage increased from 25 to 27.
- 1.2: Introduced.