The bulk of the Pyramid is buried underground, with its tip usually protruding slightly from the Desert surface. Pyramids contain a single zigzagging tunnel leading to a treasure room, which can contain unique loot. In addition to unique treasures, they are furnished with unique decorative banners and a variety of pots and coin stashes.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible, though very rare, for up to 4 Pyramids to generate in a single world.
- A Pyramid's natural tunnel sometimes ends abruptly.
- An experiment generating one hundred small worlds using version 22.214.171.124.1 showed an 83% chance of having no pyramids, a 15% chance of having one pyramid, and a 2% chance of having two pyramids. However, Pyramids are slightly more common since version 1.2.3.
- In the Mobile version, mummies can sometimes spawn when pots are broken in pyramids.
- In the Mobile version, Pyramids can sometimes contain two rooms, each with a Gold Chest. The second chest will contain standard pyramid loot, and above it an orange torch will spawn, along with two Ankh Banners.
History[edit | edit source]
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • The Corruption • The Crimson • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Floating Island • Granite Cave • Marble Cave • Spider Nest • Bee Hive • Dungeon • Lihzahrd Temple|
|Other||Living Tree • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Underground Cabin • Chasm • Pyramid • Jungle Shrine • Living Mahogany Tree • Ruined House|