From Terraria Wiki
|AI Type||Queen Bee AI|
One of the first 3 drops has a 100% chance of dropping
|Queen Bee Mask||14.29%|
|Queen Bee Trophy||10%|
|Bottled Honey (5-15)||100%|
|Bee Wax (16-26)||100%|
- For strategies on defeating Queen Bee, see Guide:Queen Bee strategies.
The Queen Bee has three distinct attack patterns.
- She will level herself with the player and fly back and forth repeatedly in an attempt to ram the player.
- She spawns bees while hovering, which attack the player.
- Similar to Hornets, the Queen Bee will rapidly fire poisonous stingers at the player. During this pattern, she will alternate between hovering above the player, and swooping at them.
- Despite the drop for the Bee Keeper, Bee Gun, and Honey Comb all being 33.33%, the player can only acquire one per killed Queen Bee, and they will always receive one of the three upon defeating the Queen Bee.
- Occasionally, a Hive will be large enough to possess 2 Larvae. If a player is using a bouncing weapon such as the Water Bolt, they need to be wary of the second Larva, lest they be set upon by another Queen Bee.
- A World can possess multiple beehives, and multiple bees.
- Orichalcum armor's set bonus can break the Larva, causing the Queen Bee to be unintentionally spawned.
- Sometimes the Star Cloak will destroy the Larva, causing the Queen Bee to be spawned.
- Multi-hit, piercing magic, such as Water Bolt or Book of Skulls, or piercing ranged attacks, such as Meteor Shot, are very effective against the Queen Bee especially during her second attack pattern.
- The bees do little damage, but can easily become an annoyance as they can push the player around if a Cobalt Shield or Obsidian Shield isn't equipped. Another annoyance if that they will prevent natural regeneration if they keep attacking. The bees can be killed, and have a chance of dropping a heart or a star. A Crimson Rod can be extremely useful for both destroying the bees and doing a steady trickle of damage to the Queen Bee.
- Equipping a Bezoar can eliminate the residual effects from the poisonous stingers.
- Using an item that deals damage when you take hits, such as a Thorns Potion or Honey Comb that drops from the Queen herself, along with high defense, can make the boss easy to kill.
- Because the Abeemination can be crafted by hand, and uses items in great abundance; it is possible to quickly repeatedly summon and kill her. Honey Combs are worth 2 gold each, Bee Guns are worth 3 gold, and she drops 10 gold on death. Setting up a Safe and Piggy Bank in your arena will let you collect more of these items.
- 1.2.4: New drops added.
- 1.2.3: Fixed exploit where queen bee could get stuck in tiles and not move.
- 1.2: Introduced.