From Terraria Wiki
|AI Type||Queen Bee AI|
One of the first 3 items will always drop
|Queen Bee Mask||14.29%|
|Queen Bee Trophy||10%|
|Bottled Honey (5-15)||100%|
|Bee Wax (16-26)||100%|
|Internal NPC ID: 222|
The Queen Bee has three distinct attack patterns.
- She will level herself with the player and fly back and forth repeatedly in an attempt to ram the player.
- She spawns bees while hovering, which attack the player.
- Similar to Hornets, the Queen Bee will rapidly fire poisonous stingers at the player. During this pattern, she will alternate between hovering above the player, and swooping at them. It shoots stingers while it is currently hovering.
- Exactly one, and only one, of the Bee Keeper, Bee Gun, or Honey Comb will always drop upon defeating the Queen Bee. The Hive Wand has a separate 1/3 (33%) chance to drop in addition to one of those three items.
- Occasionally, a Hive will be large enough to possess 2 Larvae. If a player is using a bouncing weapon such as the Water Bolt, they need to be wary of the second Larva, lest they be set upon by another Queen Bee.
- A World can possess multiple beehives, and multiple bees.
- Orichalcum armor's set bonus can break the Larva, causing the Queen Bee to be unintentionally spawned.
- Sometimes the Star Cloak will destroy the Larva, causing the Queen Bee to be spawned.
- Multiple Larvae can exist in a single Bee Hive.
- Queen Bee will sometimes not despawn when all players are dead, and will pursue a player back to their spawn point.
- Once the Queen Bee is defeated the Witch Doctor will spawn if there is an available house.
- The Honey naturally found in Bee Hives can be used to craft Bottled Honey or provide passive health regeneration mid-fight, but be careful to avoid being knocked into it.
- The bees do little damage, but can easily become an annoyance as they can push the player around. In the case that you don't have a Cobalt Shield or Obsidian Shield yet to avoid knockback, any Grappling Hooks can be used to anchor yourself to blocks.
- The theme music is the same as the music on consoles and mobile when fighting the Eye of Cthulhu or Ocram.
- As of 1.2.4, the Queen Bee has the most unique drops of any boss in the game, with 14.
- 1.2.4: New drops added.
- 1.2.3: Fixed exploit where queen bee could get stuck in tiles and not move.
- 1.2: Introduced.