|AI Type||Queen Bee AI|
|Damage|| 30 / 54 (melee)|
22 / 44 (stinger)
|Max Life||3400 / 4760|
|Defense||8 / 8-20 depending on health|
|Debuff duration|| 10 seconds / 20 seconds|
2 - 6 seconds
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
One of the first 3 items will always drop
|Internal NPC ID: 222|
The Queen Bee is a boss summoned by breaking the Larva inside Bee Hives of the Underground Jungle, or using an Abeemination anywhere within the Jungle. She is immune to the Confused debuff, and can inflict the Poisoned debuff.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Queen Bee has three distinct attack patterns:
- She will level herself horizontally with the player and fly back and forth three times in an attempt to ram the player.
- She will spawn bees while hovering, which attack the player.
- Similar to Hornets, the Queen Bee will rapidly fire poisonous stingers at the player. During this pattern, she will alternate between hovering above the player, and swooping at them.
- In Expert Mode, the lower her health is, the faster she'll do these attack patterns. This is most notable with her first attack, where she charges super quickly at ~1/10 HP
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Sting Operation is the achievement you earn for defeating Queen Bee for the first time.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Exactly one, and only one, of the Bee Keeper, Bee Gun, or Honey Comb will always drop upon defeating the Queen Bee. The Hive Wand has a separate 1/3 (33%) chance to drop in addition to one of those three items.
- Occasionally, a Hive will be large enough to possess 2 Larvae. If a player is using a bouncing weapon such as the Water Bolt, they need to be wary of the second Larva, lest they be set upon by another Queen Bee.
- A World can possess multiple beehives, and multiple bees.
- The larva can be broken by any damaging weapon, similar to a Pot, so many actions such as the Orichalcum armor's set bonus or a Star Cloak can break the Larva, causing the Queen Bee to be unintentionally spawned.
- Queen Bee will sometimes not despawn when all players are dead, and will pursue a player back to their spawn point.
- Once the Queen Bee is defeated, the Witch Doctor will spawn if there is an available house.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Honey naturally found in Bee Hives can be used to craft Bottled Honey or provide passive health regeneration mid-fight, but be careful to avoid being knocked into it.
- The bees do little damage, but can easily become an annoyance as they can push the player around. In the case that you don't have a Cobalt Shield or Obsidian Shield yet to avoid knockback, any Grappling Hooks can be used to anchor yourself to blocks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The theme music is the same as the music on consoles and mobile when fighting the Eye of Cthulhu or Ocram.
- As of 1.2.4, the Queen Bee has the most unique drops of any boss in the game, with 14.
History[edit | edit source]
- 184.108.40.206: Now has a chance of dropping The Bee's Knees.
- 1.2.4: New drops added.
- 1.2.3: Fixed exploit where queen bee could get stuck in tiles and not move.
- 1.2: Introduced.