|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
From Terraria Wiki
|AI Type||Queen Bee AI|
|Damage|| 30 / 54 (melee)|
22 / 44 (stinger)
|Max Life||3400 / 4760|
|Defense||8 / 8-20 depending on health|
One of the first 3 items will always drop
|Internal NPC ID: 222|
"The matriarch of jungle hives."
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Queen Bee has three distinct attack patterns:
- She will level herself horizontally with the player and fly back and forth three times in an attempt to ram the player.
- She will spawn bees while hovering, which attack the player.
- Similar to Hornets, the Queen Bee will rapidly fire poisonous stingers at the player. During this pattern, she will alternate between hovering above the player, and swooping at them.
- In Expert Mode, the lower her health is, the faster she'll do these attack patterns. This is most notable with her first attack, where she charges super quickly at ~1/10 HP
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Exactly one, and only one, of the Bee Keeper, Bee Gun, or Honey Comb will always drop upon defeating the Queen Bee. The Hive Wand has a separate 1/3 (33%) chance to drop in addition to one of those three items.
- Occasionally, a Hive will be large enough to possess 2 Larvae. If a player is using a bouncing weapon such as the Water Bolt, they need to be wary of the second Larva, lest they be set upon by another Queen Bee.
- A World can possess multiple beehives, and multiple bees.
- The larva can be broken by any damaging weapon, similar to a Pot, so many actions such as the Orichalcum armor's set bonus or a Star Cloak can break the Larva, causing the Queen Bee to be unintentionally spawned.
- Queen Bee will sometimes not despawn when all players are dead, and will pursue a player back to their spawn point.
- Once the Queen Bee is defeated, the Witch Doctor will spawn if there is an available house.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Honey naturally found in Bee Hives can be used to craft Bottled Honey or provide passive health regeneration mid-fight, but be careful to avoid being knocked into it.
- The bees do little damage, but can easily become an annoyance as they can push the player around. In the case that you don't have a Cobalt Shield or Obsidian Shield yet to avoid knockback, any Grappling Hooks can be used to anchor yourself to blocks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The theme music is the same as the music on consoles and mobile when fighting the Eye of Cthulhu or Ocram.
- As of 1.2.4, the Queen Bee has the most unique drops of any boss in the game, with 14.
- In Expert Mode all of the queen bee's drops are contained in the Treasure Bag.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Now has a chance of dropping The Bee's Knees.
- 1.2.4: New drops added.
- 1.2.3: Fixed exploit where queen bee could get stuck in tiles and not move.
- 1.2: Introduced.