|Environment||Rain – The Hallow|
|Damage||85 / 170|
|Max Life||400 / 800|
|KB Resist||70% / 73%|
|Internal NPC ID: 244|
The Rainbow Slime requires unique spawning conditions. It will only spawn outside The Hallow biome while it is raining or during a blizzard, but only when the player is physically within a hallowed biome. In other words, it does not spawn directly on hallowed blocks, but instead spawns on non-hallowed blocks such as normal grass or snow. This makes the finding of a Rainbow Slime best in a hallowed snow biome. These conditions make it a somewhat rare monster.
It is one of the few enemies that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Rainbow Slimes tend to spawn more frequently in hallowed Snow Biomes, because there are fewer hallowed blocks exposed on the surface.
- The Rainbow Slime is immune to the Poisoned and Venom debuffs.
- It deals the most damage out of all the slimes, including King Slime.
- It is the largest ordinary (non-boss) slime.
- There is a greater likelihood that it will spawn when it rains and there is a Blood Moon currently active.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One way to encounter Rainbow Slimes in the hallowed forest biome is to set up a Water Candle inside the edge of the hallowed biome and wait at this location until it rains, allowing enemies to spawn off screen on non-hallowed blocks. Alternatively, hallowed blocks can be covered with snow or bricks of some kind to allow Rainbow Slimes to spawn, though this will prevent other Hallow enemies from spawning.
- Another way is to place about 200 blocks of Pearlstone, Pearlsand, or pink ice above forest surface and wait for the rain with the Water Candle and Battle Potion ready. To avoid Forest transformation to Hallow, a proper spacing is required.
History[edit | edit source]
| Slimes |
| Green • Blue • Red • Purple • Yellow • Black • Pinky • Mother • Baby|
Umbrella • Ice ( Spiked) • Jungle ( Spiked) • Sand • Dungeon • Lava