| Desktop-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.
One attack from the Razorblade Typhoon shooting two homing projectiles which damage enemies and also provide light.
The Razorblade Typhoon is a Hardmode Magic Weapon that fires large, fast, disc-shaped projectiles that home in on enemies. They can pierce and ricochet any number of times, each disc lasting about 3 seconds. The Razorblade Typhoon has a 1/5 (20%) chance of being dropped by Duke Fishron.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- Liquids do not affect the speed of the discs.
- Has a much quicker homing ability than most homing weapons, and turns very quickly to track moving enemies.
- A disc can pierce unlimited enemies and even damage the same enemy any number of times due to its very high turn rate and 4x4 projectile size.
- Discs will pass through walls if you are standing right next to them.
- Each disc emits just enough light to see.
- Razorblade Typhoon works best on large groups of enemies and moving targets.
- The 1.3 changelog incorrectly stated that this weapon now uses more mana, while in reality it uses less mana and got reworked in general.
- Pairs well with Spectre Armor because of its fire-and-forget homing ability, making healing or additional DPS easy.
- Also couples well with any Magic Cuffs item for easy mana regen.
- Slightly less effective against enemies with multiple parts or with attackable projectiles, as it may focus on other appendages or mini-enemies rather than the main body.
- Its large projectiles work well for crowd control and clearing areas of Bees or Vines.
- The projectiles, while large in display, seem to have a tile-collision hitbox of 3x3 squares, so it is possible to fire them through doorways.
- As with the Magical Harp, the projectiles last for a set amount of time before dissipating, regardless of how many times they bounce or hit.
- Reduced mana cost from 18 to 16, increased usetime from 19 to 39.
- Now shoots 2 projectiles per use.
- Added unique sound.
- 22.214.171.124: Sell price increased from 20 to 5 .
- 1.2.4: Introduced.