|Use time||17 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Casts fast moving razorwheels|
|Internal Item ID: 2622|
The Razorblade Typhoon is a Hardmode magic weapon that fires 2 large, fast, disc-shaped projectiles per-click that home in on enemies. They can pierce and ricochet any number of times, each disc lasting about 3 seconds. The Razorblade Typhoon has a 1/5 (20%) chance of being dropped by Duke Fishron.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Liquids do not affect the speed of the discs.
- Has a much quicker homing ability than most homing weapons, and turns very quickly to track moving enemies.
- Sometimes on console versions, if the player is touching and facing a 1 block thick wall, and fire the weapon, the razor projectile will travel through, making this useful from hiding from enemies attack, also damages the enemy at the same time.
- A disc can pierce unlimited enemies and even damage the same enemy any number of times due to its very high turn rate and 4x4 projectile size.
- Discs will pass through walls if you are standing right next to them.
- Each disc emits just enough light to see.
- Razorblade Typhoon works best on large groups of enemies and moving targets.
- Sometimes when there are too many projectiles on the screen, such as when the Ice Queen does her "Ice Spin" attack, the Razorblade Typhoon consumes mana but does not spawn a disc.
- You can't switch weapons and armor while it fires the two discs.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Pairs well with Spectre Armor because of its fire-and-forget homing ability, making healing or additional DPS easy.
- Also couples well with any Magic Cuffs item for easy mana regeneration.
- Slightly less effective against enemies with multiple parts or with attackable projectiles, as it may focus on other appendages or mini-enemies rather than the main body.
- Its large projectiles work well for crowd control and clearing areas of Bees or Vines.
- The projectiles, while large in display, seem to have a tile-collision hitbox of 3x3 squares, so it is possible to fire them through doorways.
- As with the Magical Harp, the projectiles last for a set amount of time before dissipating, regardless of how many times they bounce or hit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The 126.96.36.199 changelog incorrectly stated that this weapon now uses more mana, while in reality it uses less mana and got reworked in general.
- The Razorblade Typhoon's projectiles appear as Boomerangs rather than Discs. This is only visual, and it appears to have no effect on the weapon itself.
History[edit | edit source]
- Reduced mana cost from 18 to 16, increased usetime from 19 to 39.
- Now shoots 2 projectiles per use.
- Added unique sound.
- 188.8.131.52: Sell price increased from 20 to 5 .
- 1.2.4: Introduced.