|Damage|| 50 / 100 (melee) |
160 / 320 (trident)
|Max Life||600 / 1200|
|KB Resist||50% / 55%|
|Internal NPC ID: 156|
The Red Devil is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in The Underworld after any one Mechanical Boss has been defeated. It is considered a more difficult version of the Demon, having more health and dealing much more damage. Like Demons, they sometimes drop a magic weapon with their same mode of attack, namely the Unholy Trident.
While the Red Devil itself does not cause much damage on contact, its trident attack is capable of dealing large amounts of damage even to players in any type of armor. These tridents are fired in the same burst-like pattern that Demons fire scythes in, although they are slower and move at a constant velocity.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Red Devils will spawn prior to Hardmode on the Console version, if the Mechanical Bosses are defeated prior to the Wall of Flesh.
- Red Devils can even pose a threat to end game players, because of the massive amounts of damage they deal.
- Due to their relatively low knockback resist, they can be easily stunlocked with rapid-fire weapons, such as Megashark or Chain Gun. That still allows them to fire tridents, however.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Sprite updated.
- Now has its own unique banner.
- 188.8.131.52: Now has a chance to drop a Demon Banner.
- 1.2: Introduced.