The Clothier clothes is a set of vanity items made up of the Red Hat, Clothier's Jacket and Clothier's Pants . These items are all supposed to be equipped in the Social Slots as they only provide a visual appearance.
The Red Hat has a 100% drop chance from the Clothier NPC. The other parts of the set are sold by the Clothier for 3 each, during Halloween.
Common methods to kill the Clothier for the hat include wearing the Clothier Voodoo Doll in an accessory slot (spawning Skeletron can be avoided by unequipping the item), luring an enemy into him, using a lava trap (lava will destroy the hat, so be careful using a lava trap unless it's a very thin layer) or using Rotten Eggs, obtained from a Goodie Bag during Halloween (the eggs damage all NPCs under any circumstances. If using this method, Frost Armor is recommended, as its set effect will inflict the Frostburn debuff).
- While wearing the Red Hat and speaking to the clothier, he will sometimes say that the hat looks familiar, "The Red Hat of yours looks familiar..."
- Despite its name, the Red Hat can be dyed. However, the Clothier still says that it is red, as if it was not dyed.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced "Clothier's Pants" and "Clothier's Jacket".
- 1.2.3: "Red Hat" now has the tooltip, "It smells funny..."
- 1.0.4: Introduced "Red Hat".