|Type||Block – Crafting material|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 664, 833-835|
|Internal Tile ID: 161, 163, 164, 200|
Ice Blocks are a common block type found alongside Snow Blocks in the Snow Biome and Underground Snow biome. They can be mined with a pickaxe or drill. Walking on Ice Blocks causes players to slide. This effect can be mitigated by equipping Ice Skates or other accessories crafted from them.
Ice Blocks can be converted into three other variants via the spread of biomes:
- Corruption spreads onto Ice to create Purple Ice Blocks
- Crimson spreads onto Ice to create Red Ice Blocks
- Hallow spreads onto Ice to create Pink Ice Blocks
These will also spread their respective biomes.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Note that only normal Ice Blocks can be used in crafting. Pink, Purple and Red Ice Blocks cannot be used in conjunction with, or as a substitute to, Ice Blocks.
Used in[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Used to craft Frozen Platforms and the Frozen Dresser.
- 22.214.171.124: Used to craft Frozen Sink.
- 1.2.3: Used to craft Frozen furniture and lighting.
- 1.2.1: Used to craft Frozen Slime Block.
- 126.96.36.199: Purification Powder now works on Red Ice Blocks.
- 1.2: Introduced.