|Buy / Sell||5 / 1|
The Rocket Boots are an accessory that allows a player to fly for a period of about 1.6 seconds (100 game frames), when equipped in an accessory slot. They can be bought from the Goblin Tinkerer.
Flight time is reset immediately when the player lands on any solid object, or latches onto a surface with the Grappling Hook or Ivy Whip (even if you do not let it reel you all the way to the target).
The Boots are activated by double-jumping, or by jumping during a freefall. Press and hold the jump key while in midair. If the Cloud in a Bottle is also equipped, its double-jump effect will engage first; pressing and holding the jump key afterward while still in midair will then activate the Rocket Boots.
 Used in
|Distance flown||Distance in blocks|
- Flight time is a combined 1.6 seconds, which can be broken up into split-second bursts.
- The Rocket Boots are an effective way to avoid fall damage.
- The Rocket Boots emit a jet effect that gives off a good deal of light, making them useful in caves.
- The Rocket Boots are one of four basic accessories that can boost jump height, the others being the Shiny Red Balloon, Cloud in a Bottle, and Angel/Demon Wings. The effects of all four will stack together.
- If a full set of Shadow armor is equipped, the jet effect changes to a matching purple color.
- Unless the player is hellbent on achieving maximum vertical jump height, the Shiny Red Balloon and/or the Cloud in a Bottle can be swapped out for more useful accessories, as the boots alone reach heights sufficient for most players.
- Care should be used in keeping track of the height from which the player will fall after Rocket Boot use. It is easy to gain enough height that the fall will kill you from fall damage, especially with other jump boosting accessories equipped. Some rocket time can be reserved to slow the player down just before hitting the ground, the Featherfall Potion can be used, the Lucky Horseshoe can be equipped, or the Grappling Hook or Ivy Whip can be aimed at the ground to avoid this damage.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
A player with Shadow armor flying with Rocket Boots.
|Movement||Aglet • Angel Wings • Anklet of the Wind • Cloud in a Balloon • Cloud in a Bottle • Demon Wings • Diving Gear • Flipper • Hermes Boots • Neptune's Shell • Rocket Boots • Shiny Red Balloon • Spectre Boots|
|Offensive||Feral Claws • Moon Charm • Ranger Emblem • Sorcerer Emblem • Warrior Emblem • Titan Glove • Star Cloak|
|Defensive||Cobalt Shield • Cross Necklace • Lucky Horseshoe • Obsidian Horseshoe • Obsidian Shield • Obsidian Skull • Shackle|
|Restorative||Band of Regeneration • Band of Starpower • Mana Flower • Nature's Gift • Philosopher's Stone|
|Informative||Depth Meter • Copper Watch • Silver Watch • Gold Watch • Compass • GPS • Ruler|
|Miscellaneous||Guide Voodoo Doll • Toolbelt|
|Music Boxes|| Overworld Day • Eerie • Night • Title • Underground • Boss 1 • Boss 2 • Boss 3 • Jungle • Corruption • Underground Corruption • The Hallow • Underground Hallow|
Boss 4 • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Space • Tutorial