|Buy / Sell||5 / 1|
The Rocket Boots are an accessory that allows a player to fly for a period of around 1.6 seconds (100 game frames) when equipped in an accessory slot in the inventory. They can be bought from the Goblin Tinkerer that can be found underground after defeating the Goblin army.
Flight time is reset immediately when the player lands on any solid object, or latches onto a surface with the Grappling Hook or Ivy Whip (even if you do not let it reel you all the way to the target).
The Boots are activated by double-jumping, or by jumping during a freefall. Press and hold the jump key while in midair. If the Cloud in a Bottle is also equipped, its double-jump effect will engage first; pressing and holding the jump key afterward while still in midair will then activate the Rocket Boots. Using with Cloud in a Bottle in console cancels out Rocket Boots.
|Distance flown||Distance in blocks|
- Flight time is a combined 1.6 seconds, which can be broken up into split-second bursts.
- The Rocket Boots are an effective way to avoid fall damage.
- The Rocket Boots are one of four basic accessories that can boost jump height, the others being the Shiny Red Balloon, Cloud in a Bottle, and Wings. The effects of all four will stack together.
- The Rocket Boots emit a jet effect that gives off a good deal of light, making them useful in caves. The effect is missing if you use Wings together with the boots.
- If a full set of Shadow armor is equipped, the jet effect changes to a matching purple color.
- Unless the player is hellbent on achieving maximum vertical jump height, the Shiny Red Balloon and/or the Cloud in a Bottle can be swapped out for more useful accessories, as the boots alone reach heights sufficient for most players.
- If the Rocket Boots are worn with the Spectre Boots or Lightning Boots, the flight time will NOT be stacked.
A player with Shadow armor flying with Rocket Boots.
- Care should be used in keeping track of the height from which the player will fall after Rocket Boot use. It is easy to gain enough height that the fall will kill you from fall damage, especially with other jump boosting accessories equipped. Some rocket time can be reserved to slow the player down just before hitting the ground, the Featherfall Potion can be used, the Lucky Horseshoe can be equipped, or the Grappling Hook or Ivy Whip can be aimed at the ground to avoid this damage.
- 184.108.40.206: Fixed bug where Wing time would go into infinity if you held the jump button while standing and having Rocket Boots equipped.
- 1.1: No longer drops from Goblins during Goblin Army event. It can now instead be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer for 5 .
- Pre-Release: Introduced.