|Type||Accessory – Crafting material|
|Buy / Sell||5 / 1|
|Internal Item ID: 128|
Rocket Boots are an accessory that allows a player to fly for a period of around 1.6 seconds (100 game frames). They require a jump from midair to activate (a double-jump, or a jump while falling). During flight, they emit a jet animation that produces a good deal of light. Rocket Boots are purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer.
Flight time is reset immediately when the player lands on any solid object, or latches onto a surface with a Hook (even if you do not let it reel you all the way to the target).
If the Cloud in a Bottle is also equipped, its double-jump effect will engage first; pressing and holding the jump key afterward while still in midair will then activate the Rocket Boots.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
|Distance flown||Distance in blocks|
- Flight time is a combined 1.6 seconds, which can be broken up into split-second bursts.
- The Rocket Boots are an effective way to avoid fall damage.
- The Rocket Boots will boost flight duration with Wings by 42%
- If a full set of Shadow armor is equipped, the jet effect changes to a matching purple color.
- If the Rocket Boots are worn with the Spectre Boots or Lightning Boots, the flight time will not be stacked.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Care should be used in keeping track of the height from which the player will fall after Rocket Boot use. It is easy to gain enough height that the fall will kill you from fall damage, especially with other jump boosting accessories equipped. Some rocket time can be reserved to slow the player down just before hitting the ground, the Featherfall Potion can be used, a Lucky Horseshoe/Umbrella can be equipped, or a Hook can be fired at the ground to avoid this damage.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A player with Shadow armor flying with Rocket Boots.
History[edit | edit source]
- 184.108.40.206: Fixed bug where Wing time would go into infinity if you held the jump button while standing and having Rocket Boots equipped.
- 1.1: No longer drops from Goblins during Goblin Army event. It can now instead be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer for 5 .
- Pre-Release: Introduced.