Rod of Discord
|Rod of Discord|
|Tooltip||Teleports to the position of the mouse|
The Rod of Discord is a rare drop from Chaos Elementals once Hardmode has been activated. Once highlighted in the players Inventory, the player may then click anywhere on the screen to instantly teleport to the current position of the mouse; and doing so costs no mana. The target location must be at least 3 blocks high, and 2 blocks wide for teleport to be successful. The player may teleport into any liquid, including lava.
As of 184.108.40.206, using the rod of Discord will afflict the player with Chaos State for 10 seconds, a debuff that will severely hurt the player when the rod is used again before it wears out. Major concerns arose over the ability to spam-teleport and the debuff was added as a deterrent.
In appearance, it resembles a pink Crimson Rod and emits a pink light with a sparkle effect around the player for up to 3 seconds after teleporting.
- Dying from teleporting during Chaos State will display unique death messages:
*"Player's legs appeared where his/her head should be" *"Player didn't materialize"
- The chance of a Chaos Elemental dropping the Rod of Discord is approximately 0.2%, or 1 in 500.
- Clicking will always place the players feet at the mouse's last position.
- Attempting to teleport into solid terrain will fail, but will still play the normal teleporting sound. It will not inflict the debuff or damage upon an unsuccessful teleport.
- In order to teleport into a 3 block high opening, the player must aim the mouse at the floor.
- Teleporting will cancel Fall Damage.
- Teleporting will not reset Jetpack, or Wings flight time. However, flight time may be lengthened due to both items having a slow-fall mechanic.
- The Rod of Discord can teleport to pitch-black areas. This allows the player to discover, and move to undiscovered caverns without having to dig.
- Using Spelunker Potions and Hunter Potions can aid in finding natural underground and cavern openings to teleport to.
- Many considered this item to be game-breaking prior to 220.127.116.11. Some considered it to be game-saving.
- The Rod of Discord (and the teleporter) could be used to enter and bypass all of the Lihzahrd without a Temple Key, skipping straight to the Golem Boss. ((Note that the Rod will allow teleportation into the Temple once again after it has been unlocked.))
- The Rod of Discord was one of the fastest ways to travel before it was nerfed; on larger resolutions you could teleport ~100+ bricks horizontally per second.
- The Use Time on the Rod of Discord was low enough that, with enough clicking speed, the player could gain altitude. This was confirmed before being nerfed, so attempting this is not recommended.
- 18.104.22.168: Inflicts Chaos State upon use to deter teleport spamming and can no longer be used to enter a locked Lihzahrd.
- 22.214.171.124: The Rod of Discord now properly drops.
- 1.2: Introduced.