Rod of Discord
|Rod of Discord|
|Tooltip||Teleports to the position of the mouse|
The Rod of Discord is a Hardmode tool that instantly teleports the player to the mouse cursor. Using the Rod costs no mana, however it inflicts Chaos State, an 8-second debuff, on the player: Using the Rod again while the debuff is active will remove 1/6th of the player's health. The Rod of Discord has a 1/500 (0.2%) chance to drop from Chaos Elementals.
- The target location must be at least 3 blocks high and 2 blocks wide. Clicking will always place the player's feet at the mouse position. Thus, in order to teleport into a 3 block-high opening, the player must aim the mouse at the floor. Unsuccessful teleports play the same sound, but do not inflict the debuff.
- Teleporting will cancel Fall Damage.
- It will not reset Wing flight time.
- Despite it causing no damage to enemies, it can be placed on a Weapon Rack.
- In the Mobile version, the Rod of Discord doesn't work properly. The player will die after teleporting, with strange and varying death messages.
- Attempting to teleport into the Lihzahrd Temple before Plantera is defeated will not work. It will work after Plantera is defeated, even allowing the player into a locked Lihzahrd Temple without giving up a Temple Key.
- Using the Rod of Discord while using the "zoom" feature of a Sniper Rifle or Rifle Scope allows a player to teleport even further. This can only be achieved by switching to the Rod of Discord while the screen is still zoomed out in a direction.
- Teleporting behind the Wall of Flesh will instantly force you back in front of it.
- Dying from teleporting during Chaos State will display unique death messages:
- "<Player Name>'s legs appeared where his/her head should be"
- "<Player Name> didn't materialize"
- 22.214.171.124: You can now place the Rod of Discord in the Weapon Rack.
- Inflicts Chaos State upon use to deter teleport spamming.
- Can no longer be used to enter a locked Lihzahrd Temple (unless the Lihzahrd Walls at target location are removed).
- Using Rod of Discord near the end of the map will no longer cause you to crash.
- 126.96.36.199: The Rod of Discord now properly drops.
- 1.2: Introduced.