Rod of Discord
|Rod of Discord|
|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Teleports to the position of the mouse|
|Inflicts debuff||Chaos State|
|Debuff tooltip||Using the Rod of Discord will take life|
|Internal Item ID: 1326|
Using the Rod costs no mana or ammunition, however each use inflicts the Chaos State debuff on the player, which causes the player to lose health if they use the Rod rapidly. Chaos State lasts for 8 ( 6) seconds after each use, and takes away 1/6th ( 1/7th) of the player's maximum health if the Rod is used again during that period.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The target location must be at least 3 blocks high and 2 blocks wide. Clicking will always place the player's feet at the mouse position. Thus, in order to teleport into a 3 block-high opening, the player must aim the mouse at the floor. Unsuccessful teleports play the same sound, but do not inflict the debuff.
- The Cursed debuff will prevent use of the Rod of Discord even though it does not use Mana.
- Teleporting will cancel fall damage.
- It will not reset Wing flight time.
- Despite it causing no damage to enemies, it can be placed on a Weapon Rack.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If this item is used correctly it has the potential to become one of the best items for maneuvering the map.
- Setting your resolution to maximum will allow you to see farther, so you can teleport farther distances.
- This item is invaluable for dodging the high-damage attacks of bosses.
- Attempting to teleport into the Jungle Temple before Plantera is defeated will not work. It will work after Plantera is defeated, even allowing the player into a locked Jungle Temple without giving up a Temple Key.
- Since using this item is one of the few ways to hurt yourself at any given time, it can be used with the Shrimpy Truffle to activate the speed boost.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dying from teleporting during Chaos State will display unique death messages:
- "<Player Name>'s legs appeared where his/her head should be"
- "<Player Name> didn't materialize"
History[edit | edit source]
- 126.96.36.199: Teleporting now quickly shifts the viewpoint instead of instantly setting it to the destination point.
- 188.8.131.52: Chaos State damage reduced from one sixth to one seventh of user's total health, and duration decreased from 8 to 6 seconds.
- 184.108.40.206: You can now place the Rod of Discord in the Weapon Rack.
- Chaos State damage reduced from one fifth to one sixth of user's total health, and duration decreased from 10 to 8 seconds.
- Rod of Discord works properly when gravity is flipped.
- Using a Rod of Discord releases all grapples.
- Inflicts Chaos State upon use to deter teleport spamming.
- Can no longer be used to enter a locked Jungle Temple (unless the Lihzahrd Walls at target location are removed).
- Using Rod of Discord near the end of the map will no longer cause you to crash.
- 220.127.116.11: The Rod of Discord now properly drops.
- 1.2: Introduced.