Rod of Discord
|Rod of Discord|
|Tooltip||Teleports to the position of the mouse|
The Rod of Discord is a rare drop from Chaos Elementals once Hardmode has been activated. Once highlighted in the players Inventory, the player may then click anywhere on the screen to instantly teleport to the current position of the mouse; and doing so costs no mana. The target location must be at least 3 blocks high, and 2 blocks wide for teleport to be successful. The player may teleport into any liquid, including lava.
Using the Rod of Discord will afflict the player with Chaos State for 7 seconds, a debuff that damages the player for a sixth of their maximum life if the rod is used again before the debuff wears out.
In appearance, it resembles a pink Crimson Rod and emits a pink light with a sparkle effect around the player for up to 3 seconds after teleporting.
- Dying from teleporting during Chaos State will display unique death messages:
- "Player's legs appeared where his/her head should be"
- "Player didn't materialize"
- The chance of a Chaos Elemental dropping the Rod of Discord is approximately 0.2%, or 1 in 500.
- Clicking will always place the players feet at the mouse's last position. Thus, in order to teleport into a 3 block high opening, the player must aim the mouse at the floor.
- Attempting to teleport into solid terrain will fail, but will still play the normal teleporting sound. It will not inflict the debuff or damage upon an unsuccessful teleport.
- Teleporting will cancel Fall Damage, but will not reset Jetpack's or Wings' flight times; however, flight time may be lengthened due to both items having a slow-fall mechanic.
- It could be able to teleport into the Lihzahrd Temple before the 126.96.36.199 patch, bypassing the need for a Temple Key, if the target area is free of natural Lihzahrd Brick Wall. This can be done by using a hammer (possibly with tool-range increasing accessories) to break the wall on the other side of the locked door.
- The Rod of Discord can teleport to pitch-black areas. This allows the player to discover and move to undiscovered caverns without having to dig.
- The Rod of Discord can be used rapidly enough to gain altitude quickly. However, the player can only go ~200ft before Chaos State depletes the player's health entirely.
- Using the Rod of Discord while using the "zoom" feature of a Sniper Rifle or Rifle Scope allows a player to teleport even further. This can only be achieved by switching to the Rod of Discord while the screen is still zoomed out in a direction.
- The Rod of Discord was one of the fastest ways to travel before it was nerfed; on larger resolutions you could teleport ~100+ bricks horizontally per second.
- 188.8.131.52: You can now place the Rod of Discord in the Weapon Rack.
- Inflicts Chaos State upon use to deter teleport spamming.
- Can no longer be used to enter a locked Lihzahrd Temple (unless the Lihzahrd Walls at target location are removed).
- Using Rod of Discord near the end of the map will no longer cause you to crash.
- 184.108.40.206: The Rod of Discord now properly drops.
- 1.2: Introduced.