Ruby is a gem found within the Underground and Cavern layers of a world. They are obtained by breaking special blocks that have noticeable red gemstones embedded in it. They can also be extracted from Silt, Slush, or Desert Fossil by putting them in an Extractinator. Rarely, Rubies can be found in bulk in its own special gemstone cave, or in one that contains all of the other gems as well (besides Amber).
Like all other gems, Rubies can be placed on blocks. They cannot be reverted back into their Stone Block version once mined.
A player encountering a deposit of Ruby
- 1.3.1: Inventory sprite updated.
- 1.2.3: Can now be used to craft gemspark blocks.
- 1.2: Stack limit increased from 99 to 999, can now be placed.
- 1.1: Sell cost changed from 30 to 22 50 .
- 1.0.5: Now have a sparkle effect.
- 1.0.4: Sell value reduced.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.