|Knockback||2.5 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||5 (Insanely Fast)|
|Tooltip|| 50% chance to not consume ammo|
'It came from the edge of space'
|Internal Item ID: 1553|
The S.D.M.G. (or Space Dolphin Machine Gun) is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord gun. It can be considered an endgame upgrade of the Megashark, with a slightly faster firing rate, the same 50% chance to not consume ammunition, and a noticeably higher damage output. Its abilities are also similar to those of the Chain Gun, but it is more precise and deals significantly more damage, but with a slightly slower rate of fire. It has a 1/9 (11.11%) chance to be dropped by the Moon Lord.
The S.D.M.G. has a base 14% critical strike chance as opposed to the usual 4%.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its 50% chance to not consume ammo stacks multiplicatively with similar bonuses.
- Shots fired from the S.D.M.G. emit a moderate amount of light for their entire path.
- Despite the 50% chance not to consume ammo, its fire rate can still consume a stack of ammo fairly quickly. Using an Endless Musket Pouch is recommended.
- The S.D.M.G. is present in all non-PC versions of Terraria, although it is unobtainable without the use of glitches. Its stats in these versions are far weaker than those on the PC version.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The S.D.M.G. pairs extremely well with Luminite Bullets as Luminite Bullets have a piercing attack which synchronizes with the S.D.M.G.'s high rate of fire for crowd control.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the game Edge of Space (hence the subtext 'It came from the edge of space'), in which Terraria is also referenced.
- This weapon goes along with the theme of aquatic automatic weapons, along with the Minishark, Gatligator, Piranha gun and Megashark.
History[edit | edit source]
- 126.96.36.199: Now dropped by the Moon Lord, and has been buffed tremendously.
- 1.2: Introduced, but unobtainable, without the use of inventory editors, mods, or cheats.