|Damage||30 (29 from sand's default damage value)|
|Use time||15 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||'This is a good idea!'|
The Sandgun is a Ranged Weapon that uses sand, pearlsand, or ebonsand as its ammunition. It is affected by gravity. When the sand projectile hits any object, it will turn into a clump of Sand blocks that will gather on the ground.
In contrast to most weapons, it is possible for a player firing the Sandgun to hit themselves and cause damage.
|Illegal Gun Parts||1|
- While the Sandgun is a fairly nice weapon for its decent damage and relatively quick fire rate, it suffers from requiring the Illegal Gun Parts in order to craft it; however the properties of its ammunition make it a great utility weapon. For example, if your aim and jumping are decent enough, you can use the sand fired by the Sandgun to create small "islands" of sand when crossing large lava pools without the use of the Water Walking Potion or the Obsidian Skin Potion and Flippers. Also, the projectile can be used to block passages extremely quickly and from a distance.
- Using the Necro Armor or Hallowed Armor (with the helmet), one can easily create infinite sand by firing large amounts of sand, then collecting it back up. Due to both armors' ammo saving ability, you will use less sand than you fire.
- The cost for reforging the Sandgun in particular is surprisingly low, despite all the hard work required to make the sand gun. This allows for easy stat changes and gaining the Unreal modifier for a low cost, making it a much more effective and worthwhile weapon to have in the end.
- Since this gun has the ability to fire pearlsand and ebonsand, It makes it one of the fastest ways to spread The Hallow and The Corruption.
- The Illegal Gun Parts actually show on the sandgun.
- 1.1: Damage and firing speed improved from 10 and 19 to 30 and 15, respectively, can now fire Pearlsand and Ebonsand Blocks.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.
|Blowpipe • Clockwork Assault Rifle • Flamethrower • Flintlock Pistol • Handgun • Megashark • Minishark • Musket • Phoenix Blaster • Sandgun • Shotgun • Star Cannon|