|Damage||30 (-1 from sand's default damage value makes it 29)|
|Use time||15 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||'This is a good idea!'|
The Sandgun is a Ranged Weapon that uses sand, pearlsand, ebonsand, or crimsand as its ammunition. It is affected by gravity. When the sand projectile hits any object, it will turn into a clump of Sand blocks that will gather on the ground.
In contrast to most non-explosive weapons, it is possible for a player firing the Sandgun to hit themselves and cause damage. Falling sand will also hurt you and other players.
|Illegal Gun Parts||1|
- The Sandgun deals 29 damage instead of the listed 30, because it uses Sand Blocks as ammo, which have the default damage value of -1.
- Because this gun fires sand, the sand can often create sandy messes which also can block the player from being able to land another hit on an enemy. Because of this behavior, fighting any sort of enemy can become difficult.
- While the Sandgun is a fairly nice weapon for its decent damage and relatively quick fire rate, it suffers from requiring rare ingredients; however the properties of its ammunition make it a great utility weapon. For example, if your aim and jumping are decent enough, you can use the sand fired by the Sandgun to create small "islands" of sand when crossing large lava pools without the use of the Water Walking Potion or the Obsidian Skin Potion and Flippers. Also, the projectile can be used to block passages extremely quickly and from a distance.
- Using the Necro Armor, Hallowed Armor (with the helmet), Ammo Box, Chlorophyte Helmet or the Shroomite Breastplate, one can easily create infinite sand by firing large amounts of sand, then collecting it back up. Due to all three armors', and the Ammo Box's ammo saving abilities, you will use less sand than you fire.
- For console and mobile players, one can use Titan armor for ammo saving.
- The cost for reforging the Sandgun in particular is surprisingly low, despite all the hard work required to make the sand gun. This allows for easy stat changes and gaining the Unreal modifier for a low cost, making it a much more effective and worthwhile weapon to have in the end.
- Since this gun has the ability to fire pearlsand, ebonsand, and crimsand, it is one of the fastest and cheapest ways to spread biomes.
- The Sandgun looks like the Illegal Gun Parts put together. This may be due to the fact that when the Sandgun was introduced, it was the only item to use the Illegal Gun Parts in its recipe.
- The Sandgun is the only weapon crafted at a Furnace.
- In the iOS versions of Terraria, the Sandgun can control the sand block being fired.
- 1.2.3: Can now fire Crimsand Blocks.
- 1.1: Damage and firing speed improved from 10 and 19 to 30 and 15, respectively, can now fire Pearlsand and Ebonsand Blocks.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.