|Damage||30 (29 from sand's default damage value)|
|Use time||15 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||'This is a good idea!'|
The Sandgun is a Ranged Weapon that uses sand, pearlsand, or ebonsand as its ammunition. It is affected by gravity. When the sand projectile hits any object, it will turn into a clump of Sand blocks that will gather on the ground.
In contrast to most weapons, it is possible for a player firing the Sandgun to hit themselves and cause damage.
|Illegal Gun Parts||1|
- Due to its high potential for griefing, the Sandgun is banned on most servers.
- Because this gun fires sand, the sand can often create sandy messes which also can block the player from being able to land another hit on an enemy. Because of this behavior, fighting any sort of enemy can become difficult.
- While the Sandgun is a fairly nice weapon for its decent damage and relatively quick fire rate, it suffers from requiring the Illegal Gun Parts in order to craft it; however the properties of its ammunition make it a great utility weapon. For example, if your aim and jumping are decent enough, you can use the sand fired by the Sandgun to create small "islands" of sand when crossing large lava pools without the use of the Water Walking Potion or the Obsidian Skin Potion and Flippers. Also, the projectile can be used to block passages extremely quickly and from a distance.
- Using the Necro Armor, Hallowed Armor (with the helmet) or the Shroomite Breastplate, one can easily create infinite sand by firing large amounts of sand, then collecting it back up. Due to all three armors' ammo saving ability, you will use less sand than you fire.
- The cost for reforging the Sandgun in particular is surprisingly low, despite all the hard work required to make the sand gun. This allows for easy stat changes and gaining the Unreal modifier for a low cost, making it a much more effective and worthwhile weapon to have in the end.
- Since this gun has the ability to fire pearlsand and ebonsand, It makes it one of the fastest ways to spread The Hallow and The Corruption.
- The Sandgun looks like the Illegal Gun Parts put together. This may be due to the fact that when the Sandgun was introduced, it was the only item to use the Illegal Gun Parts in its recipe.
- 1.1: Damage and firing speed improved from 10 and 19 to 30 and 15, respectively, can now fire Pearlsand and Ebonsand Blocks.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.
|Ranged WeaponsMiscellaneous |
|Blowgun • Blowpipe • Coin Gun • Flamethrower • Flare Gun • Harpoon • Sandgun • Snowball Cannon • Star Cannon • Stynger • Piranha Gun|