|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Use time||15 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||'This is a good idea!'|
|Internal Item ID: 266|
The Sandgun is a ranged weapon that uses Sand, Pearlsand, Ebonsand, or Crimsand as its ammunition. It is affected by gravity. When the sand projectile hits any object, it will turn into a clump of Sand blocks that will gather on the ground.
The Sandgun deals 29 damage, instead of the listed 30, because it uses Sand Blocks as ammo, which have a default damage value of -1.
In contrast to most non-explosive weapons, it is possible for a player firing the Sandgun to hit themselves and cause damage. Falling sand will also cause damage to any and all players.
The Sandgun's best Modifier is Unreal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Illegal Gun Parts||1|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Sandgun can often create sandy messes, and can also block the player from being able to land another hit on an enemy. Using it to fight enemies can become difficult.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Sandgun is affected by boosts that reduce ammo usage, making it possible to create more sand than what was used as ammo. Items to consider using are the Shroomite Breastplate, Chlorophyte Helmet, Hallowed Armor (with the Hallowed Helmet), Necro Armor, Ammo Box, () Ammo Reservation Potion, and () Titan armor (including the individual set pieces).
- It can be used to create small "islands" of sand when crossing large lava pools without the use of Water Walking Potions, Obsidian Skin Potions, or Lava Waders.
- It can be used to block passages very fast and from a distance.
- The cost of reforging is surprisingly low, despite all the hard work required to craft it.
- The falling sand block can't land on various things, like saplings and Tree trunks. Instead the sand block disappears.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sandgun resembles the Illegal Gun Parts that are used to craft it. This may be due to the fact that when the Sandgun was introduced, it was the only item to use Illegal Gun Parts in its recipe.
- The Sandgun is the only weapon crafted at a Furnace.
- In the iOS versions of Terraria, its projectiles are able to be controlled.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: Can now fire Crimsand Blocks.
- 1.1: Damage and firing speed improved from 10 and 19 to 30 and 15, respectively, can now fire Pearlsand and Ebonsand Blocks.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.