|Use time||15 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||'This is a good idea!'|
|Internal Item ID: 266|
The Sandgun is a ranged weapon that uses Sand, Pearlsand, Ebonsand, or Crimsand as its ammunition, which are affected by gravity. When the sand projectile hits any object, it will turn into a clump of Sand Blocks that will gather on the ground.
The Sandgun deals 29 damage, instead of the listed 30, because it uses Sand Blocks as ammo, which have a default damage value of -1.
In contrast to most non-explosive weapons, it is possible for a player firing the Sandgun to hit themselves and cause damage. Falling sand will also cause damage to any and all players.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Sandgun can often create sandy messes, and can also block the player from being able to land another hit on an enemy. Using it to fight enemies can become difficult.
- The falling sand block can't land on various things, like Saplings and Minecart Tracks. Instead, the Sand Block disappears.
- The cost of reforging is surprisingly low, despite all the hard work required to craft it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Sandgun is affected by boosts that reduce ammo usage, making it possible to create more sand than what was used as ammo. Items to consider using are the Vortex Breastplate, Shroomite Breastplate, Chlorophyte Helmet, Hallowed Armor (with the Hallowed Helmet), Necro Armor, Ammo Box, Ammo Reservation Potion, and () Titan armor (including the individual set pieces).
- The Sandgun is incredibly strong for when it can be obtained, outperforming the Phoenix Blaster in raw damage. However, the resulting sand can impede the player. Consider using a Featherfall Potion and shooting downwards to avoid the resulting sand.
- While regular sand can only hit one enemy before falling, the falling sand ball will deal considerable damage to enemies it strikes as it falls.
- It can function as a more reliable (albeit slower to spread) version of Thrown Water due to its ability to shoot sand of all types.
- The ability to place sand can be useful in blocking tunnels or filling lava-filled gaps from a distance.
- Shooting the Gun downward while on the ground will cause the player to automatically rise one block. This can be handy in reaching Space with low effort.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sandgun resembles the Illegal Gun Parts that are used to craft it. This is because when the Sandgun was introduced, it was the only item to use Illegal Gun Parts in its recipe.
- The Sandgun is the only weapon crafted at a Furnace.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 1.2.3: Can now fire Crimsand Blocks.
- 1.1: Damage and firing speed improved from 10 and 19 to 30 and 15, respectively, can now fire Pearlsand and Ebonsand Blocks.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.