|Damage||53 / 55 (Magic)|
|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Mana||7 / 6|
|Use time||15 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 1444|
The Shadowbeam Staff is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that is similar to the Necromancer's standard attack, creating a purple beam that travels instantaneously to its maximum distance (approximately 108 tiles), bounces off blocks, is unaffected by gravity, and emits a moderate amount of light for its entire length. It has a 5% / 7.5% (1/20 / 1/13) chance to drop from Necromancers in the post-Plantera Dungeon.
The Shadowbeam Staff can travel far and pierce unlimited enemies, but can only strike each enemy once per firing.
Additionally, with repeated firings, the Staff suffers a unique temporary drop in damage each time a firing results in enemy hits.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Shadowbeam Staff is very effective in the Dungeon or other enclosed underground areas, where the beam can ricochet multiple times and pin down targets. Its ability to quickly light up an entire room can also help in navigating these areas.
- The Shadowbeam Staff is capable of draining your mana very quickly. Nebula Armor, Mana Flower, Magic Cuffs, or Celestial Cuffs, may help slow mana comsumption.
- Using the Shadowbeam Staff with Spectre armor (with the Spectre Hood) can easily keep you alive when used correctly, even in PvP situations.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Damage decreased from 55 to 53, mana cost increased from 6 to 7.
- 184.108.40.206: Beams now have diminishing returns.
- 1.2: Introduced.