The Sharanga is a top tier Bow. It turns any suitable ammo into Spectral Arrows. Spectral Arrows produce a glowing effect and can inflict the Cursed Inferno debuff.
This is the best bow available on the console and mobile versions prior to Hardmode, and remains useful well into it.
Crafting this bow requires 10 Hellstone Bars and two Molten Fury bows, for a total of 40 Hellstone Bars (10+15+15), or 120 Hellstone and 40 Obsidian.
As with other ranged weapons with knockback, its best Modifier is Unreal.
- Whenever you shoot an arrow, it has a chance to fall after impact as a Spectral Arrow.
- The Spectral Arrows have significantly more base damage than Flaming Arrows, meaning the Sharanga has 17 total base damage over the Molten Fury, as well as a stronger debuff.
- Spectral arrows are a guaranteed drop from Ocram, meaning that this bow could well last throughout hardmode until after Ocram is defeated, making it a great choice for a long ranged weapon.
- Sharanga is the bow of the Hindu god Vishnu.
- The Sharanga is one of the very few craftable console/mobile exclusive item not crafted from Souls of Blight. One other example is the tutorial Music Box.
- The Sharanga is the only pre-hardmode means of inflicting the Cursed Inferno debuff and obtaining Spectral Arrows.
- The Sharanga is the only weapon to have 2 of one weapon in its recipe.
- Since the Sharanga is crafted using craftable weapons, its recipe is effectively just 40 hellstone bars.