|Bonus|| 25% increased ranged critical strike chance|
20% chance to not consume ammo
12% increased movement speed
Headgear: 15% increased arrow damage
Helmet: 15% increased rocket damage
Mask: 15% increased bullet damage
Not moving puts you in stealth, increasing ranged ability and reducing chance for enemies to target you. (set bonus)
In order to get this armor, you must get an NPC called Truffle. He will sell the Autohammer, which is used to convert Chlorophyte Bars into Shroomite Bars. You will need 54 Shroomite bars to craft a full set. This amounts to 810 Glowing Mushrooms, which could take a long time to acquire without a glowing mushroom farm.
When not moving, you will immediately start entering stealth. Over the course of 1.5 to 2 seconds, you will go through rapid stages of stealth that can be seen visually as partial, to full invisibility. During this time, weapon damage, critical strike chance and knockback will be adjusted, and will rapidly climb while stealthing, up to a 45% damage increase and an additional 10% critical chance at full stealth. This increase affects both weapon and ammo damage.
Unlike most other Hardmode armors, this armor has three different helmets that all specialize in ranged ability, the difference is only what weapon type is boosted: arrows, bullets, or rockets.
Set Bonus: Not moving puts you in stealth, increasing ranged ability and reducing chance for enemies to target you.
 Helmet variants
- For the purpose of the helmet slot, the Stynger and Jack 'O Lantern Launcher count as rocket weapons, the Candy Corn Rifle counts as a bullet weapon and the Stake Launcher is considered arrows.
- The Star Cannon, Piranha Gun and Flamethrower do not receive a bonus from any of the helmets.
- The set alone does not truly make you invisible, as the armor glows a deep blue. For PVP purposes, consider using vanity items (like the Familiar Clothes) to ensure you are completely invisible.
- It takes a total of 54 Chlorophyte bars and 810 Glowing mushrooms to craft enough Shroomite bars to make leggings, a chest plate and one helmet.
- When wearing Turtle Armour in your vanity slots, you become virtually unnoticeable in front of a wood wall.
- If a full set of armor is worn in the Vanity Slots and it provides a visual effect (such as the pulsing aura and the afterimage of the Hallowed Armor), you can enter stealth and leave a transparent pulsing aura and also leaves a blue transparent afterimage if the full set of Shroomite Armor is worn in the Armor Slots.
- When wearing a vanity item such as the Ninja Clothes that don't completely make you invisible, standing in front of an armored Mannequin appears to make you completely invisible. (Only Tested with Ninja Clothes)
- Shroomite Headgear may be a reference to Hellgate: London marksman's 5-eyed helmet (2 other eyes in Terraria are on the other side of helmet, which will be visible if player turns) [photo]
- Shroomite Mask may be a reference to 'Splinter Cell' Sam Fisher's 3-eyed night vision goggles [photo]
- Shroomite armor may be a reference to the League of Legends champion Teemo. Teemo is known for using mushrooms as weapons, and can also turn invisible when standing still.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Mining • Eskimo (Pink) • Cactus • Pumpkin|
Gem Robe (Amethyst • Topaz • Sapphire • Emerald • Ruby • Diamond)
Wooden (Rich Mahogany, Ebonwood, Pearlwood, Shadewood, Spooky)
Copper • Iron (Ancient Helmet) • Silver • Gold (Ancient Helmet)
Tin • Lead • Tungsten • Platinum
Meteor • Shadow (Ancient) • Crimson • Necro (Ancient Helmet) • Jungle • Molten
Cobalt (Ancient) • Mythril • Adamantite
Palladium • Orichalcum • Titanium
Frost • Chlorophyte • Turtle • Shroomite • Tiki • Spectre
Dragon • Titan • Spectral
Empty Bucket • Goggles • Diving Helmet • Wizard Hat • Viking Helmet