|Environment||Underground – Cavern|
|Damage|| 35 (ranged attack)|
The Skeleton Archer is a hardmode enemy that spawns in the Cavern layer and shoots Flaming Arrows at the player (but does not drop any of them). Their attacks have a chance of inflicting the On Fire! effect.
The Skeleton Archer is immune to the Poisoned debuff.
- Several simple pit traps (7 blocks deep) can be very effective against such enemies as Skeleton Archers and Armored Skeletons.
- Skeleton Archers rarely shoot the first arrow accurately, slowly adjusting aim, so moving around makes it almost impossible for them to hit you, as does standing above.
- There is a small delay before the first arrow is shot, during which the Skeleton Archer is vulnerable to attack. If a player lands a hit it will interrupt its aiming, so a quick player can prevent it from firing a single shot.
- Flaming Arrows shot by the Skeleton Archer are not extinguished by water.
- It may be a reference from Minecraft's skeleton enemies.
- 1.2: Health, damage and defense decreased from 260, 55 and 28 to 210, 45 and 14 respectively. Now drops Magic Quiver and Marrow.
- 1.1: Introduced.