From Terraria Wiki
|Environment||Underground – Cavern|
|Damage|| 70 / 140 (ranged attack)|
45 / 90 (melee)
|Max Life||210 / 420|
|KB Resist||45% / 50%|
|Debuff duration||7 seconds / 14 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Internal NPC ID: 110|
The Skeleton Archers are a Hardmode enemy that spawns in the Cavern layer along with Armored Skeletons. When the player is in their line of sight, they will shoot Flaming Arrows at the player which have a chance of inflicting the On Fire! debuff.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Several simple pit traps (7 blocks deep) can be very effective against such enemies as Skeleton Archers and Armored Skeletons.
- Skeleton Archers rarely shoot the first arrow accurately, slowly adjusting aim, so moving around makes it almost impossible for them to hit you, as does standing above.
- There is a small delay before the first arrow is shot, during which the Skeleton Archer is vulnerable to attack. If a player lands a hit it will interrupt its aiming, so a quick player can prevent it from firing a single shot.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It appears to have a wooden bow, yet it drops a Marrow. It also doesn't have a quiver, yet it drops a Magic Quiver.
- Flaming Arrows shot by the Skeleton Archer are extinguished by water.
- Unlike Armored Skeletons, Skeleton Archers cannot open doors.
- Arrows fired by the Skeleton Archer are not retrievable by the player.
- There is a chance that they can shoot three arrows at once.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Skeleton Archers appear to be wearing a green variation of the Ancient Cobalt Breastplate with spiked shoulder guards.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- 18.104.22.168: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- 1.2: Health, damage and defense decreased from 260, 55 and 28 to 210, 45 and 14 respectively. Now drops Magic Quiver and Marrow.
- 1.1: Introduced.