The Skeleton Archer is a Hardmode enemy that sometimes spawns in the Cavern layer. They move fairly slow compared to to other cave enemies. When the player is in their line of sight, they will stop moving and shoot Flaming Arrows at the player, which have a chance of inflicting the On Fire! debuff.
The Skeleton Archer is immune to the Poisoned and Venom debuffs.
- Several simple pit traps (7 blocks deep) can be very effective against such enemies as Skeleton Archers and Armored Skeletons.
- Skeleton Archers rarely shoot the first arrow accurately, slowly adjusting aim, so moving around makes it almost impossible for them to hit you, as does standing above.
- There is a small delay before the first arrow is shot, during which the Skeleton Archer is vulnerable to attack. If a player lands a hit it will interrupt its aiming, so a quick player can prevent it from firing a single shot.
- It appears to wield a Wooden Bow, yet it drops a Marrow instead. It also appears to have no visible quiver, yet it can drop a Magic Quiver.
- Flaming Arrows shot by the Skeleton Archer are extinguished by water.
- Unlike Armored Skeletons, Skeleton Archers cannot open doors.
- Arrows fired by the Skeleton Archer are not retrievable by the player.
- There is a chance that they can shoot three arrows at once.
- 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- 220.127.116.11: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- 1.2: Health, damage and defense decreased from 260, 55 and 28 to 210, 45 and 14 respectively. Now drops Magic Quiver and Marrow.
- 1.1: Introduced.