- For strategies on how to defeat the Skeletron, see Guide:Skeletron strategies.
- Not to be confused with Skeleton, an enemy found underground.
- For the stronger variation in Hardmode, see Skeletron Prime.
Skeletron is a Boss enemy that guards a world's Dungeon. To summon this boss, you must talk to the Old Man at the entrance at night, who will transform into Skeletron. If you attempt during the day, he will ask you to return during the night. If you enter the Dungeon before killing him, Dungeon Guardians will attack at 0 depth, dealing around 10000 damage, effectively killing the player in one hit.
Skeletron is a massive floating skeleton head with floating arms. It will try to make contact with the player with his head and hands. His head has 4,400 health points and 10 defense, and is the most resilient entity in the game prior to the Wall of Flesh and Hardmode bosses. Destroying the head kills Skeletron. He must be defeated before the break of dawn; all players will instantly die if he is still alive at that point.
Once you defeat Skeletron, you may enter the dungeon as many times as you like. You may not battle him again in the same World once defeated, and must create a new world if you wish to fight him again.
- The Old Man who stands in front of the dungeon can be killed if you manage to deplete his health, however this does not count as a Skeletron kill, and entering the dungeon will still cause the Dungeon Guardian to spawn.
- If you use a Magic Mirror, Skeletron won't follow you back to your spawn.
- When Skeletron is spinning his head to attack you, his defense drops to 0.
- Skeletron disappears when all nearby players are dead, and the Old Man will respawn shortly after. With multiple players, it's a good idea for softcore and mediumcore characters to set up a Bed near the Dungeon, so that they can simply rejoin the fight if they die.
- Skeletron being active does not exclude the Eye of Cthulhu spawning.
- The same skin is used for skeletron's head as the Dungeon Guardian.
- Skeletron can only be summoned during the night.
- It is worth bringing some Spiky Balls into the battle due to the fact they cause damage when laid across the floor, meaning Skeletron is likely to knock into them during the battle.
- Using Rocket boots to get around will help.
- Skeletron's name might be a reference to Skeletor, the main antagonist of "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe."
- Head health decreased further to 4400.
- Damage of head increased from 30 to 32 and damage of hands decreased from 25 to 20.
- Defense (from 18 to 14) and health of Skeletron's hands lowered.
- 1.0.5: Skeletron Head health decreased from 6000 to 5000, and armor from 12 to 10.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|King Slime • Eye of Cthulhu • Eater of Worlds • Skeletron • Wall of Flesh|
The Twins • The Destroyer • Skeletron Prime • Ocram