|AI Type||Skeletron Prime Head AI|
90 (while spinning)
44 (while spinning)
|Soul of Fright (20-40)||100%|
|Greater Healing Potion (5-15)||100%|
|Hallowed Bar (19-35)||100%|
|Skeletron Prime Trophy||10%|
- For strategies on how to defeat Skeletron Prime, see Guide:Skeletron Prime strategies.
"You feel the air getting colder around you..."
Skeletron Prime is a hardmode version of the Skeletron boss. He can be summoned with the Mechanical Skull at night and players have until dawn to kill him. He can also randomly spawn at dusk if he has not been defeated yet, in this case his approach is signalled by "You feel the air getting colder around you" or "The air is getting colder around you".
Unlike Skeletron, Skeletron Prime has four limbs, each of which functions differently. The Prime Cannon fires flashing bombs that do not destroy blocks and isn't always pointed at a player. The Prime Laser shoots Death Lasers similar to those of Retinazer and The Destroyer, and is always pointed at a player. The Prime Saw swipes back and forth dealing large melee damage and homes in on players (even going hundreds of feet away in some cases) during the headspin phase. The Prime Vice also swipes around but doesn't home in during headspins.
Like Skeletron, if he is not dead by dawn he will begin to dish out instant kills and will take only 1 damage (2 for crits) from all attacks. It is possible to survive this form with only Spectre Boots and Wings by flying in an infinity figure. (You will need to continuously move).
 rod big
- While it is possible to continue the fight during the day without dying, Skeletron Prime will continually headspin and barely take any damage (1 damage per hit and 2 damage per crit). In addition, his headspins then become instant kills. Due to the similarities, this phase of his behavior is sometimes called the Dungeon Guardian phase. He will do this indefinitely, even if the next night comes before he's gone.
- On large servers, if Skeletron Prime is still alive at the break of dawn, and is near the spawn point, he can go on a large killing spree. He will insta-kill everyone, then likely stay near spawn, catching anyone who tries to escape (In this state, he dashes forward at his victims, which makes him impossible to dodge). The only way to get rid of Skeletron Prime is to use admin powers to slay all NPCs (Killing all Monsters, Town NPCs and other Bosses at the same time), or lead him far away from anyone, in such a way he can't lock onto anyone (If you can hear the boss music, he can likely lock onto you, even if he is offscreen).
- Even in this state, he often tends to lock onto someone who is far from the spawn (underground, or simply stranded in nature), kill the victim, then fly away due to the lack of targets. You CAN technically dodge his spinning head using gravity potions, if you are skilled enough.
- The bombs fired by the Prime Cannon will not destroy blocks, and will only damage the player if they are standing on a solid block. They will also pass through wood platforms, effectively allowing the player to ignore the Prime Cannon as anything but a melee threat if using an arena built out of wood platforms.
- If turtle armor is used, the reflection of melee damage onto Skeletron Prime's Day Phase will effectively 1-Shot him.
- If deep enough underground, Skeletron Prime will not come when the game says "You feel the air around you getting colder." or another line of text saying he is "coming". (unless you come up during the night of the day the game said that.).
- The Prime part of his name may be a reference to Optimus Prime from Transformers, the "Prime" suffix having become common for large robotic entities in fiction since. It may also mean the highest rank since Skeletron Prime is like an older brother or elder of Skeletron.
- Now has a chance to spawn during hardmode with the message: "You feel the air getting colder around you...".
- Will now drop 20-40 Souls of Fright, instead of 20-30. Also has a chance to drop Skeletron Prime Trophy.
- Health, damage and defense of all parts and head reduced.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|King Slime • Brain of Cthulhu • Eye of Cthulhu • Eater of Worlds • Skeletron • Queen Bee • Wall of Flesh|
The Twins • The Destroyer • Skeletron Prime • Plantera • Golem • Pumpking • Ocram