|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|AI Type||Skeletron Prime Head AI|
|Damage|| 47 / 79|
94 / 158 (while spinning)
|Max Life||28000 / 42000|
48 (while spinning)
|Internal NPC ID: 127|
"You feel the air getting colder around you..."
Skeletron Prime is a Hardmode Mechanical Boss which is essentially a harder version of Skeletron. It is summoned with the Mechanical Skull at night. Players have until dawn to defeat it. Skeletron Prime can also randomly spawn at dusk in Hardmode if it has not yet been defeated, in this case signaling its approach via the chat message, "You feel the air getting colder around you" or "The air is getting colder around you".
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Prime Cannon fires bombs that do not destroy blocks, usually up into the air rather than directly at the player. It usually stays above the player.
- Prime Laser shoots red Death Lasers similar to those of Retinazer and The Destroyer, and is always pointed at a player. It usually stays horizontal to the player.
- Prime Saw usually remains under the player, then swipes upwards.
- Prime Vice will swipe around wildly, making occasional lunges at the player. It usually remains diagonal to the player.
Skeletron Prime will occasionally enter into a "Rage Mode," in which its attacks become more aggressive:
- Skeletron Prime's Head will grow spikes and start spinning towards the player slowly. Damage and defense is doubled.
- Prime Cannon will aim at the player directly and fire rapidly.
- Prime Laser will fire more frequently.
- Prime Saw will begin homing directly towards the player's location.
- Prime Vice becomes more aggressive and frequently lunges towards the player.
Prime itself is much more mobile than its predecessor, and will regularly move off-screen, which can make it difficult to hit reliably with ranged weapons.
Like Skeletron, if it is not beaten by dawn it begins to continually headspin, dealing enough damage to kill most players in a single hit.
Arms[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While it is possible to evade Skeletron Prime during the day, it will not stop spinning even if the next night comes before it's gone.
- The bombs fired by the Prime Cannon will only detonate if they hit solid blocks (they will not destroy blocks). They pass through platforms without detonating.
- If the player is deep enough underground, Skeletron Prime will not spawn randomly, even when the chat message indicates its coming.
- On the Mobile version, each limb is treated as if it was a boss on its own, but does not have its own summoning message. When you defeat a limb, it says "(name of limb) has been defeated!", and drops hearts and Greater Healing Potions.
- If all players die, Skeletron Prime will leave.
- Unlike Skeletron, Skeletron Prime's defense doubles when its head is spinning.
- Skeletron Prime's arms are not immune to the Cursed Inferno, Penetrated, Celled and Daybroken debuff, however, its head is.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Standing on platforms far from blocks can mostly nullify the effects of the Prime Cannon, as its projectiles only detonate on blocks, while passing through platforms harmlessly.
- Skeletron Prime can be the most profitable boss in the game, as the Souls of Fright can be crafted into Naughty Present to summon the Frost Moon, netting large amounts of money per 5 souls.
History[edit | edit source]
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- For changes that affect all the mechanical bosses, see Mechanical_Bosses#History.
- 184.108.40.206: Added Expert Mode drop, Mechanical Battery Piece.
- 1.2.3: Increased health, damage and defense of most parts. May now drop Skeletron Prime Mask. Fixed bug where you can summon Skeletron Prime if you destroy the Prime Cannon hand and not Skeletron Prime itself.
- Now has a chance to spawn during hardmode with the message: "You feel the air getting colder around you...".
- Will now drop 20-40 Souls of Fright, instead of 20-30. Also has a chance to drop Skeletron Prime Trophy.
- Health, damage and defense of all parts and head reduced.
- Now does not act similarly to dungeon guardian when dawn arrives.
- 1.1: Introduced.