Slimes are the most common enemy type. They come in multiple sizes and colors, each with different health and damage. All slimes follow basic Slime AI and attack by hopping onto the player (with the exception of the Gastropod). When a slime is preparing to hop, it bobs up and down rapidly. Slimes can float in water. Surface slimes will not purposely hurt you unless you attack them, or it turns night.
Slimes spawned on or near the surface are usually neutral and do not chase the player during the day, unless provoked. They become hostile at night. Slimes spawned underground are always hostile. Green, Blue, Red, Purple and Yellow Slimes usually spawn on or near the surface. Mother Slime, Baby Slime, and Black Slime can only be found underground. Pinky may appear anywhere, although rarely.
Most types drop 1-2 gel, but there are numerous exceptions.
- Corrupt Slimes and Crimslimes drop 2-4 gel.
- Hoppin' Jack, Lava Slimes and Dungeon Slimes drop no gel.
- King Slime drops no gel, but the slimes it spawns can produce a large amount of gel.
- Pinky drops 25-50 Pink Gel.
- Rainbow Slimes drop 1-20 gel.
- Gastropods drop 5-10 gel.
- Umbrella Slimes drop 2-5 gel.
Gel is a vital ingredient, as it crafts Torches, which are of use throughout all stages of the game.
Variants[edit | edit source]
|Green Slime||14 / 28 (28)||6 / 12 (12)||0||3|
|Blue Slime||25 / 50 (50)||7 / 14 (14)||2||25|
|Red Slime||35 / 70 (70)||12 / 24 (24)||4||8||Spawns in the Underground layer.|
|Purple Slime||40 / 80 (80)||12 / 24 (24)||6||10|
|Yellow Slime||45 / 90 (90)||15 / 30 (30)||7||10||Spawns in the Underground layer.|
|Black Slime||45 / 90 (90)||15 / 30 (30)||4||20||Spawns in the Cavern layer. May inflict Darkness debuff.|
|Ice Slime||30 / 60 (60)||8 / 16 (16)||4||54||Spawns in Snow biomes.|
|Sand Slime||60 / 120 (120)||19 / 38 (38)||2||75||Spawns in Desert biomes.|
|Jungle Slime||60 / 120 (120)||18 / 36 (36)||6||5||Spawns in Jungle biomes.|
|Spiked Ice Slime||60 / 120 (120)||12 / 24 (24)||8||2||Spawns in Underground Snow. Fires ice spike projectiles (17 damage).|
|Spiked Jungle Slime||65 / 130 (130)||28 / 56 (56)||8||2||Spawns in Underground Jungle. Fires stinger spike projectiles.|
|Mother Slime||90 / 180 (180)||20 / 40 (40)||7||75||Spawns in the Cavern layer and spawns up to three Baby Slimes upon death.|
|Baby Slime||30 / 60 (60)||13 / 26 (26)||4||10||Spawned from killed Mother Slime.|
|Lava Slime||50 / 100 (100)||15 / 30 (30)||3||120||Spawns in Underworld. Immune to lava. Emits orange glow. Deposits lava after its death on Expert Mode.|
|Dungeon Slime||150 / 300 (300)||30 / 60 (60)||7||150||Spawns in Dungeon. Drops its Golden Key on death. Not to be confused with bonus drops.|
|Pinky||150 / 300 (300)||5 / 10 (10)||5||1|| Smallest slime. Spawns very rarely. |
Killing grants Pretty in Pink Achievement.
|King Slime||2000 / 2800 (2800)||40 / 64 (64)||10||1|| Slime boss. Rarely spawns at outer thirds of the world. Can be manually summoned. Doesn't follow Slime AI. Drops one piece of Ninja armor. |
Killing grants Slippery Shinobi Achievement.
|Spiked Slime||100 (100)|| 28 (50) (melee)
|5||40||n/a||Summoned by King Slime in Expert Mode.|
|Umbrella Slime||35 / 70 (70)||10 / 20 (20)||5||25||Spawns during rain. Larger than most slimes.|
|Slimed Zombie||40 / 80 (80)||16 / 32 (32)||8||55||Spawns at night.|
|Bunny Slime||25 / 50 (274)||7 / 14 (62)||2||2||Spawns in the forest during Halloween.|
|White Present Slime||25 / 50 (274)||7 / 14 (62)||2||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
|Gold Present Slime||23 / 46 (302)||6 / 12 (64)||2||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
|Green Present Slime||29 / 58 (254)||8 / 16 (56)||3||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
|Red Present Slime||22 / 44 (338)||5 / 10 (62)||1||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
Hardmode only[edit | edit source]
|Hoppin' Jack||175 / 350 (350)||80 / 160 (160)||20||4||Spawns at night during Halloween.|
|Toxic Sludge||150 / 300 (300)||50 / 100 (100)||18||4||Spawns in Underground and Cavern. Has a chance to inflict Poisoned debuff.|
|Corrupt Slime||170 / 340 (340)||55 / 110 (110)||20||4||Spawns in Corruption. Spawns two/three Slimelings upon death.|
|Slimeling||90 / 180 (180)||45 / 90 (90)||10||1||n/a||Spawned from killed Corrupt Slime.|
|Slimer||60 / 120 (120)||45 / 90 (90)||20||1||Spawns in Corruption and Underground Corruption.|
|Crimslime||200 / 400 (400)||60 / 120 (120)||26||4||Spawns in Crimson.|
|Gastropod||220 / 440 (440)|| 25 / 50 (50) (ranged)
60 / 120 (120) (melee)
|22||4||Spawns in Hallow. Shoots laser beams from range.|
|Illuminant Slime||180 / 360 (360)||70 / 140 (140)||30||4||Spawns in Underground Hallow. Glows and has an afterimage.|
|Rainbow Slime||400 / 800 (800)||85 / 170 (170)||26||20||Spawns during the Rain on non-Hallowed blocks while the player is in the Hallow.|
Console and Mobile Version only[edit | edit source]
|Shadow Slime||125||40 - 53||23||1 80||Spawns in Corruption.|
|Spectral Gastropod||250||40 - 50||?||6||Spawns at night.|
Bonus drops[edit | edit source]
Naturally spawned slimes that have the same shape as a Blue Slime have a 5% (1/20 chance) of carrying a bonus item.
Slimes spawned from statues can never carry a bonus drop, and Dungeon Slimes will always have a Golden Key as a bonus drop.
|Wormhole Potion 1||1/14||1|
1When in single player mode, this item will be replaced by Recall Potion.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Gelatin World Tour • "Defeat every type of slime there is!"|
|Defeat at least one of every type of slime.|
|Slimer • "You have killed every type of slime!"|
|Defeat at least one of every type of slime.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Nearly all Slimes can drop the Slime Staff upon death, however it's extremely rare.
- Smaller Slimes may clip through walls and one block holes. Make your house carefully or else Slimes may be able to get in.
- Farming Slimes with a Slime Statue can produce an infinite amount of Gel, which can be helpful for the Flamethrower.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Slimes are hinted to be made of an acidic digestive substance by the Nurse in her dialogue: "You look half digested. Have you been chasing slimes again?"
- The Royal Gel accessory (dropped by King Slime in Expert Mode) turns almost all slimes passive.
- Slimes have a chance to drop a Dirt Block or an Iron Pickaxe, however it is likely an item ID error, as this is very common. Verify
See also[edit | edit source]
- Slime Mount - a rideable slime mount
- Baby Slime minion - a slime minion which fights enemies
- Slime pet - a slime pet (which will not fight)
- Solidifier - a crafting station for slime-themed furniture
- Slime Rain - random event where Green, Blue and Purple Slimes rain down from the sky
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Slimes should no longer be able to go through 1 block high gaps.
- 1.2.2: Present Slime variants introduced.
- 1.2.1: Bunny Slime introduced.
- 1.2: Umbrella Slime, Rainbow Slime, Crimslime, Spiked Jungle Slime, Ice Slime, Spiked Ice Slime, and Slimed Zombie introduced.
- 1.1: Corrupt Slime, Slimeling, Slimer, Toxic Sludge, and Illuminant Slime introduced.
- 220.127.116.11: Slimes no longer chase the player in water when they are not in aggresive mode.
- Dungeon Slime introduced.
- 1.0.4: King Slime and Jungle Slime introduced.
- Pre-Release: All the various colored slimes, Pinky, Mother and Baby Slimes introduced.
| Slimes |
| Green • Blue • Red • Purple • Yellow • Black • Pinky • Mother • Baby|
Umbrella • Ice ( Spiked) • Jungle ( Spiked) • Sand • Dungeon • Lava