|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
Slimes are the most common enemy type. They come in multiple sizes and colors, each with different health and damage. All slimes follow basic Slime AI and attack by hopping onto the player (with the exception of the Gastropod). When a slime is preparing to hop, it bobs up and down rapidly. Slimes float in water. Surface slimes will not purposely hurt you unless you attack them, or it turns night.
Slimes spawned on or near the surface are usually neutral and do not chase the player during the day, unless provoked. They become hostile at night. Slimes spawned underground are always hostile. Green, Blue, Red, Purple and Yellow Slimes usually spawn on or near the surface. Mother Slime, Baby Slime, and Black Slime can only be found underground. Pinky may appear anywhere, although rarely.
Most types drop 1-2 gel, but there are numerous exceptions.
- Corrupt Slimes and Crimslimes drop 2-4 gel
- Lava Slimes and Dungeon Slimes drop no gel
- The King Slime drops no gel, but the slimes it spawns can produce a large amount of gel
- Pinkys drop 25-50 Pink Gel
- Rainbow Slimes drop 1-20 gel
- Gastropods drop 5-10 gel
- Umbrella Slimes drop 2-5 gel
Gel is a vital ingredient, as it crafts Torches, which are of use throughout all stages of the game. As of 1.3, regular Slimes, except Dungeon Slime, will sometimes drop a potion or other bonus item on death, and this item will be shown inside the slime's body.
Variants[edit | edit source]
|Green Slime||14 / 28||6 / 12||0||3|
|Blue Slime||25 / 50||7 / 14||2||25|
|Red Slime||35 / 70||12 / 24||4||8||Spawns in the Underground layer.|
|Purple Slime||40 / 80||12 / 24||6||10|
|Yellow Slime||45 / 90||15 / 30||7||10||Spawns in the Underground layer.|
|Black Slime||45 / 90||15 / 30||4||20||Spawns in the Cavern layer. May inflict Darkness debuff.|
|Ice Slime||30 / 60||8 / 16||4||54||Spawns in Snow biomes.|
|Sand Slime||60 / 120||19 / 38||2||75||Spawns in Desert biomes.|
|Jungle Slime||60 / 120||18 / 36||6||5||Spawns in Jungle biomes.|
|Spiked Ice Slime||60 / 120||12 / 24||8||2||Spawns in Underground Snow. Fires ice spike projectiles (17 damage).|
|Spiked Jungle Slime||65 / 130||28 / 56||8||2||Spawns in Underground Jungle. Fires stinger spike projectiles.|
|Mother Slime||90 / 180||20 / 40||7||75||Spawns in the Cavern layer and up to three Baby Slimes upon death.|
|Baby Slime||30 / 60||13 / 26||4||10||n/a||Spawned from killed Mother Slime.|
|Lava Slime||50 / 100||15 / 30||3||120||Spawns in Underworld. Immune to lava. Emits orange glow.|
|Dungeon Slime||150 / 300||30 / 60||7||150||Spawns in Dungeon. Drops its Golden Key on death. Not to be confused with bonus drops.|
|Pinky||150 / 300||5 / 10||5||1|| Smallest slime. Spawns very rarely. Drops Pink Gel. |
Killing grants "Pretty in Pink" Achievement.
|King Slime||2000 / 2800||40 / 64||10||1|| Slime boss. Rare spawn rate, doesn't follow Slime AI. Drops one piece of Ninja armor. |
Killing grants "Slippery Shinobi" Achievement.
|Spiked Slime||100|| 28 (melee)
|5||40||n/a||Summoned by King Slime in Expert Mode.|
|Umbrella Slime||35 / 70||10 / 20||5||25||Spawns during rain.|
|Slimed Zombie||40 / 80||16 / 32||8||55||Spawns at night.|
|Bunny Slime||25 / 50||7 / 14||2||2||Spawns in the forest during Halloween.|
|White Present Slime||25 / 50||7 / 14||2||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
|Gold Present Slime||23 / 46||6 / 12||2||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
|Green Present Slime||29 / 58||8 / 16||3||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
|Red Present Slime||22 / 44||5 / 10||1||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
Hardmode only[edit | edit source]
|Hoppin' Jack||175 / 350||80 / 160||20||4||Spawns at night during Halloween.|
|Toxic Sludge||150 / 300||50 / 100||18||4||Spawns in Underground and Cavern. Has a chance to poison.|
|Corrupt Slime||170 / 340||55 / 110||20||4||Spawns in Corruption. Spawns two/three Slimelings upon death.|
|Slimeling||90 / 180||45 / 90||10||1||n/a||Spawned from Corrupt Slime.|
|Slimer||60 / 120||45 / 90||20||1||Spawns in Corruption and Underground Corruption.|
|Crimslime||200 / 400||60 / 120||26||4||Spawns in Crimson.|
|Gastropod||220 / 440|| 25 / 50 (ranged)
60 / 120 (melee)
|22||4||Spawns in Hallow. Shoots laser beams from range.|
|Illuminant Slime||180 / 360||70 / 140||30||4||Spawns in Underground Hallow. Glows and has an afterimage.|
|Rainbow Slime||400 / 800||85 / 170||26||20||Spawns during the Rain on non-Hallowed blocks while the player is in the Hallow.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Coin drop rates will vary.
- Nearly all Slimes can drop the Slime Staff upon death, however it's extremely rare (with a drop rate at 0.01%).
- Smaller Slimes may clip through walls and one block holes. Make your house carefully or else Slimes may be able to get in.
- Farming Slimes with a Slime Statue can produce an infinite amount of Gel, which can be helpful for the Flamethrower.
Bonus drops[edit | edit source]
On the PC version, naturally spawned slimes that have the same shape as a Blue Slime have a 1/20 chance of carrying a bonus item.
Slimes spawned from statues can never carry a bonus drop, and Dungeon Slimes will always have a Golden Key as a bonus drop.
1When in single player mode, this item will be replaced by Recall Potion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Slimes are hinted to be made of an acidic digestive substance by the Nurse in her dialogue: "You look half digested. Have you been chasing slimes again?"
See also[edit | edit source]
- Slime Staff - summons a slime minion to fight for the player
- Slimy Saddle - a rideable slime mount
- Solidifier - a crafting station for slime-themed furniture
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.2: Present Slime variants introduced.
- 1.2.1: Bunny Slime introduced.
- 1.2: Umbrella Slime, Rainbow Slime, Crimslime, Spiked Jungle Slime, Ice Slime, Spiked Ice Slime, and Slimed Zombie introduced.
- 1.1: Corrupt Slime, Slimeling, Slimer, Toxic Sludge, and Illuminant Slime introduced.
- 22.214.171.124: Slimes no longer chase the player in water when they are not in aggresive mode.
- Dungeon Slime introduced.
- 1.0.4: King Slime and Jungle Slime introduced.
- Pre-Release: All the various colored slimes, Pinky, Mother and Baby Slimes introduced.
| Slimes |
| Green • Blue • Red • Purple • Yellow • Umbrella • Black • Mother • Baby • Ice ( Spiked) • Jungle ( Spiked) • Sand|
Dungeon • Lava • Toxic Sludge • Corrupt • Slimeling • Slimer • Crimslime • Illuminant • Gastropod