Slimes are the most common enemy type. They come in multiple sizes and colors, each with different health and damage. All slimes follow basic Slime AI and attack by hopping onto the player. When a slime is preparing to hop, it bobs up and down rapidly. Slimes float in water.
Slimes spawned on or near the surface are usually neutral and do not chase the player during the day, unless provoked. They become hostile at night. Slimes spawned underground are always hostile. Green, Blue, Red, Purple and Yellow Slimes usually spawn on or near the surface. Mother Slime, Baby Slime, and Black Slime can only be found underground. Pinky may appear anywhere, although rarely.
All types drop 1-2 Gel, except for Corrupt Slime, which drops 2-4 gel, and the Lava Slime, which drops no gel. Gel is a vital ingredient, as it crafts Torches, which are of use throughout all stages of the game.
|Green Slime||14||6||0||3||Most common Slime|
|Blue Slime||25||7||2||25||Most common Slime|
|Red Slime||35||12||4||8||Most common Slime|
|Purple Slime||40||12||6||10||Most common Slime|
|Yellow Slime||45||15||7||10||Most common Slime|
|Black Slime||45||15||4||20||Has a chance on attack to cause the "Darkness" debuff|
|Mother Slime||90||20||7||75||Spawns up to three baby Slimes upon death|
|Baby Slime||30||13||4||10||Comes from Mother Slime|
|Pinky||150||5||5||1||Smallest slime in game. Spawns very rarely|
|Lava Slime||50||15||3||120||Spawns in Underworld. Immune to lava. Emits orange glow.|
|Dungeon Slime||150||30||7||150||Spawns in Dungeon. Drops a Golden Key on death|
|King Slime||2000||40||10||1||Drops one piece of Ninja clothes, rare spawn rate, and doesn't follow Slime AI.|
|Ice Slime||30||8||4||54||Spawns in Snow biomes.|
|Spiked Ice Slime||60||12||8||2||Spawns in underground snow biomes. Fires ice spike projectiles (17 damage).|
|Umbrella Slime||35||10||5||25||Spawns during rain.|
|Spiked Jungle Slime||65||28||8||2||Spawns in Underground Jungle. Fires stinger spike projectiles.|
|Bunny Slime||60||12||8||2||Spawns in the forest during Halloween.|
|White Present Slime||25||7||2||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
|Gold Present Slime||23||6||2||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
|Green Present Slime||29||8||3||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
|Red Present Slime||22||5||1||25||Spawns in Forest biomes during Christmas. Can drop Giant Bow.|
|Corrupt Slime||170||55||20||4||Spawns in Corruption. Spawns two/three Slimelings upon death.|
|Crimslime||200||60||26||4||Spawns in Crimson.|
|Illuminant Slime||180||70||30||4||Spawns in Underground Hallow. Glows and has an afterimage.|
|Rainbow Slime||400||85||26||20||Spawns during the Rain in Hallow.|
|Slimeling||90||45||10||1||Spawned from Corrupt Slime.|
|Slimer||60||45||20||1||Spawns in Corruption and Underground Corruption.|
|Toxic Sludge||150||50||18||4||Spawns in Underground and Cavern. Has a chance to poison.|
- Coin drop rates will vary.
- Nearly all Slimes can drop the Slime Staff upon death, however it's extremely rare (with a drop rate at 0.01%).
- Smaller Slimes may clip through walls and one block holes. Make your house carefully or else Slimes may be able to get in.
- Farming Slimes with a Slime Statue can produce an infinite amount of Gel, which can be helpful for the Flamethrower.
- Aside from the console and mobile exclusive Shadow Slime, no Hardmode slime variant drops the Slime Banner.
- 1.2.1: Bunny Slime introduced.
- 1.2: Umbrella Slime, Rainbow Slime, Crimslime, Spiked Jungle Slime, Ice Slime and Spiked Ice Slime introduced.
- 1.1: Corrupt Slime, Slimeling, Slimer, Toxic Sludge, and Illuminant Slime introduced.
- 22.214.171.124: Slimes no longer chase the player in water when they are not in aggresive mode.
- Dungeon Slime introduced.
- 1.0.4: King Slime and Jungle Slime introduced.
- Pre-Release: All the various colored slimes, Pinky, Mother and Baby Slimes introduced.
| Slimes |
| Green • Blue • Red • Purple • Yellow • Umbrella • Black • Mother • Baby • Ice ( Spiked) • Jungle ( Spiked)|
Dungeon • Lava • Toxic Sludge • Corrupt • Slimeling • Slimer • Crimslime • Illuminant • Rainbow • Pinky • Shadow