Today we are making changes to the login system on Gamepedia to give you the option to merge your Gamepedia and Twitch accounts.
If you decide to merge your accounts, you’ll be able to log in to Gamepedia with your Twitch username and password, but all users will now be redirected to the main Gamepedia.com page to log on regardless of if you choose to merge your accounts or not. Learn more about the changes here.
Slime Rain is a minor event that consists of frequent spawns of Green, Blue and Purple Slime and rarely Pinky. It has a random chance of occurring, signaling its beginning with the message "Slime is falling from the sky!". This rain continues until 150 slimes have been defeated, at which point King Slime will spawn; if King Slime has previously been defeated, he will spawn after only 75 kills. The event ends shortly after he is defeated. This event can happen simultaneously to a Blood Moon, the two series of monsters spawning together.
The event can last anywhere from 9 to 15 in-game hours. If 150 (or 75) slimes are not killed by the end of the event, the message "Slime has stopped falling from the sky" will appear and the Slime Rain will end naturally without King Slime ever spawning. The Sticky Situation achievement will not be received if this occurs. The event can be avoided entirely this way by staying indoors or underground for long enough. Unlike with Banners, slimes killed by lava or traps will count toward the event total. However, only Blue Slimes (including those spawned from a Slime Statue) and any of its variants that share the primary NPC ID value of 1 count: Green Slime, Pinky, Baby Slime, Black Slime, Purple Slime, Red Slime, Yellow Slime, Jungle Slime.
Slime Rain does not end if you leave the world.
A Slime Rain can only occur if at least one player in the world has over 140 life and 8 defense (except in Expert Mode, where it can occur with a significantly decreased chance before meeting the criteria). Given those criteria, a Slime Rain has ≈ 4.9% of chance of occuring in pre-hardmode world per day (≈ 3.3% in hardmode). If King Slime has not been killed yet, the probability for a Slime Rain to occur is multiplied by 2.
Content[edit | edit source]
| From Blue Slime, Green Slime,
and Purple Slime:
From King Slime:
| From King Slime (cont.):
During Expert Mode
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Sticky Situation • "Survive the slime rain, where gelatinous organisms fall from the sky in droves."|
|Survive the slime rain.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you leave the world when a Slime Rain is happening and go to a different world, it will still say Slime has stopped falling from the sky. The event will still continue if you go back to the world where the Slime Rain is happening.
- This is the only event that does not cause a change in music, as the only theme that plays is the Boss 1 theme when king slime spawns.
- The Slime Rain effect in the background can be seen before the event is announced if the player goes up high enough
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Slime Rain can be one of the best things that can happen in a world early on. The high spawn rate of slimes, including Pinky, during this event means farming for Gel, Pink Gel, and Slime banners becomes much easier. Slime Rain does not increase the chance of the Slime Staff, a decent starting summon item that is incredibly rare, though it is a good opportunity to go hunting for one. King Slime will also offer lots of great loot to players who manage to reach the end of the event.
- An enclosed shelter with a 1 by 1 hole in the wall will allow you to fire arrows and use Yoyos from relative safety. Once King Slime spawns, it is advised to leave however as he can teleport into the shelter and trap the player.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.