|Dimensions||2 wide ˣ 3 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 52, 438-478, 1152-1154, 2672 (Deco/functional), 2702-2737 (Text)|
|Internal Tile ID: 105 (Normal), 337 (Text), 349 (Mushroom)|
Statues are furniture items. There are a total of 109 different statues - 31 decoration statues, 36 text and numerical statues and 42 functional mechanisms that have an effect when connected to wires and activated. Depending on the statue, upon activation it may spawn enemies, drop items, or teleport an NPC to the statue's location. Most statues can be found already placed in any area underground (most frequently in the Dungeon and Underground Cabins, and Cavern level), though Angel Statues appear in Chests. Like all furniture, a pickaxe is used to free and collect them.
Functional statues[edit | edit source]
These statues can be wired and activated to spawn enemies, drop items, or teleport a random NPC to their location. For more information on wiring, go here. Statue-spawned enemies don't drop coins. They do generally drop their other usual items, with the exception of the Mimic, which will only drop its banner after the designated amount of kills. Critters spawned from statues cannot be caught with the Bug Net; attempting to do so will cause the critter to disappear in a puff of smoke. See spawn limits (below) for limitations that apply to functional statues.
| Bat Statue
Internal Item ID: 443
| Chest Statue
Internal Item ID: 463
| Crab Statue
Internal Item ID: 454
| Jellyfish Statue
Internal Item ID: 459
| Piranha Statue
Internal Item ID: 478
| Shark Statue
Internal Item ID: 2672
| Skeleton Statue
Internal Item ID: 446
| Slime Statue
Internal Item ID: 440
| Wall Creeper Statue
Internal Item ID: 3708
| Unicorn Statue
Internal Item ID: 3709
| Drippler Statue
Internal Item ID: 3710
| Wraith Statue
Internal Item ID: 3711
| Bone Skeleton Statue
Internal Item ID: 3712
|Skeleton (Expert mode variant)|
| Undead Viking Statue
Internal Item ID: 3713
| Medusa Statue
Internal Item ID: 3714
| Harpy Statue
Internal Item ID: 3715
| Pigron Statue
Internal Item ID: 3716
| Hoplite Statue
Internal Item ID: 3717
| Granite Golem Statue
Internal Item ID: 3718
| Armed Zombie Statue
Internal Item ID: 3719
|Zombie (Expert mode variant)|
| Blood Zombie Statue
Internal Item ID: 3720
| Bird Statue
Internal Item ID: 464
| Buggy Statue
Internal Item ID: 3662
| Bunny Statue
Internal Item ID: 445
| Butterfly Statue
Internal Item ID: 3652
| Duck Statue
Internal Item ID: 3659
| Firefly Statue
Internal Item ID: 3654
| Fish Statue
Internal Item ID: 444
| Frog Statue
Internal Item ID: 3661
| Grasshopper Statue
Internal Item ID: 3657
| Mouse Statue
Internal Item ID: 3658
| Penguin Statue
Internal Item ID: 3660
| Scorpion Statue
Internal Item ID: 3655
| Snail Statue
Internal Item ID: 3656
|| Snail (80%)
Glowing Snail (20%)
| Squirrel Statue
Internal Item ID: 3651
| Worm Statue
Internal Item ID: 3653
| King Statue
Internal Item ID: 476
|Teleports a random male|
NPC to the statue's location
| Queen Statue
Internal Item ID: 477
|Teleports a random female |
NPC to the statue's location
|These can only summon NPCs that are currently alive and have been rescued.|
| Bomb Statue
Internal Item ID: 453
| Heart Statue
Internal Item ID: 473
| Star Statue
Internal Item ID: 438
| Mushroom Statue
Internal Item ID: 470
| Emits blue glow similar to Mushroom Grass |
(not a valid light source for NPC houses)
Decorative statues[edit | edit source]
Decorative Statues have no function and only serve as decoration. They are generally found placed underground. The three Lihzahrd statues are only found in the Jungle Temple, and are the only statues that do not appear to be made of stone. The Angel Statue is sometimes found in Chests.
Text Statues[edit | edit source]
Spawn limits[edit | edit source]
Activation of a spawning statue will not produce an item/character if a certain quantity of that entity already exists within a certain range. The range boundary is square, centered on the statue's spawning point.
|Spawn Limit||Distance (D) to Range Boundary|
|Enemy and Critter Statues||Item Statues|
|3||12.5 tiles (200 pixels)||18.75 tiles (300 pixels)|
|6||37.5 tiles (600 pixels)||50 tiles (800 pixels)|
|10||Anywhere in the world|
- Example: A new Bunny will not be spawned by an activated Bunny Statue if 3 or more Bunnies already exist within a 200 pixel radius.
All statues (even those that appear shorter) have a footprint of 6 tiles (2 wide, 3 tall). Each of these 6 tiles could be used as a wire input. Since 1.3 update, each input shares cool down period with each other after activation. During an input's cooldown, activations from any trigger devices (switches, timers, pressure plates) will be ignored. For enemy & critter statues, this cooldown lasts exactly 0.5 seconds. Item statue inputs have a far longer 10 second cooldown.
Creatures spawned by Fish and Bunny Statues during a Blood Moon will immediately become corrupted. Corrupt Goldfish and Corrupt Bunny enemies do not count against the spawn limits, allowing quicker farming. The same is true of Goldfish which start walking during a rainstorm. Another exception is the Bomb Statue, since Bombs may group together into stacks of up to 100 and each stack counts as a single item.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Heart Statues may appear inside a wooden chest in Heart Shrines.
- With a single wire color, up to three independent 1-second timers can be wired per statue, for three spawns per second each.(Not working as of March 11, 2016.) With all three wire colors, all six tiles of a statue can be connected to separate timers, for a possible six spawns per second. Enemy spawn limits apply, though if the enemies are instantly killed upon spawning (eg. if lava or a continually activated trap is used, as in the image to the right), each activation will successfully spawn an enemy. Verify
- Connecting two or three 1-second timers to the same tile using multiple wire colors results in more spawns, though timing for the activation of the timer is required. The timers can override each other if their intervals are too close together. However, it is possible to activate all six blocks of a statue for six spawns per second with only two one-second timers if you use all three colors of wire. Verify
- Spawned enemies will not drop items that are specific to a particular biome or event. There is one exception: during a Blood Moon, Corrupt Bunnies can drop Bunny Hood, and both Corrupt Bunnies and Corrupt Goldfish can drop the KO CannonVerify.
- Both Corrupt Bunnies and Corrupt Goldfish do not have any limits on spawning; thus, during a Blood Moon, it is possible to have hundreds of corrupt bunnies from statues, making this a good way to farm for the KO CannonVerify ( ) or Bunny Hoods.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Another way to make money or grind for Ectoplasm is to put a Chest Statue or Shark Statue in the dungeon after Plantera has been defeated. Since only enemies with about 100 health have a chance (6.67%) of spawning a Dungeon Spirit (drop 1-2 Ectoplasm, 50 each).
- The most valuable statue in terms of rare drops is the Jellyfish Statue (1 per Jellyfish Necklace).
- If you have Metal Detector, you can easily find statues where it detects "Chest" because statues often spawn inside an Underground Cabin, in which a chest will always spawn. Note that Life Crystal has higher priority over chests.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the 1.1 update, the Angel Statue could be neither placed nor sold, and had no apparent use in the game. It was (and still is, even after the update) the subject of a running in-game joke, whereby NPCs will make reference to its useless nature. It was speculated to be a replacement for developer testing items, to prevent the overpowered test items from being hacked in. It could also simply be an in-joke among the game's developers. If the player acquires a Zapinator, Soul Scythe, Scythe, or Icemourne with an Inventory Editor, it will become an Angel Statue.
- The Angel Statue is listed to have 5 separate item IDs, but all 5 different statues will stack upon one another in your inventory.
- The Pillar Statue is the only statue that doesn't have a base.
- Since 188.8.131.52 update, the Mushroom Statue, though not being a functional statue, will react when stimulated with wire by lighting up.
- The Armor Statue is useless. You cannot put armor on it to decorate it.
History[edit | edit source]
- More statues added.
- Critters generated by statues can no longer be captured in bug nets.
- Skeleton Statues can generate as part of Statue traps.
- Chest Statues can now be found in generated houses in Underground Deserts.
- Each of the 6 tiles of a functional statue now has the same cooldown, preventing the use of multiple Timers to spawn six times as many monsters or items.
- Mimics and Sharks spawned by statues placed in the post-Plantera Dungeon no longer have a chance to spawn Dungeon Spirits.
- Fixed bug where KO Cannon could drop from statue-spawned monsters.
- Fixed a bug where you could spawn a heart/enemy from a statue using wires faster than intended.
- Fixed a bug where Piranha Statues weren't spawning properly when a world was created.
- 1.2.4: Added Shark Statue and letter and number statues.
- The Lucky Coin no longer causes statue-spawned monsters to drop coins.
- The King Statue and Queen Statue now correctly summon new NPCs.
- Hardmode summon items will no longer drop from monsters that have been spawned from statues.
- Statues will no longer spawn on Thin Ice.
- 1.2: Added three new Statues, found in the Jungle Temple. Now require a Picksaw to be harvested. Corrupt Goldfish and Bunnies spawned from Statues no longer drop money.
- 1.1.1: Statues no longer turn into Armor Statues when they are smashed from the top.
- 1.1: All other statues introduced.
- Pre-Release: Angel Statue introduced. Could not be placed or sold for any money.
| Furniture: Crafting Stations • Light Sources • Storage Items • Other Items |