The Snatcher is rooted to the ground, but resides in the background, similar to Worms. It is therefore able to move through walls, and is immune to knockback. Players should be cautious in the Jungle, as a hidden Snatcher can catch them by surprise. While they are weaker than Man Eaters, they still hit quite hard and should not be underestimated. Caution should be advised even when the player seems to be out of the Snatcher's reach, as they can extend their stems and thus improve their reach rapidly.
Snatchers are immune to the Poisoned debuff.
 Differences from Man Eaters
- Snatchers can be distinguished from Man Eaters by their body color, which is a green vine, as opposed to a brown vine for Man Eaters.
- Snatchers do not drop Vines.
- Snatchers spawn in ordinary Jungle biomes as opposed to Underground Jungle biomes. The depth at which Snatchers are replaced with Man Eaters is further below ground than a mere zero depth (as shown by the Depth Meter), and can start spawning between 700 to 1,000 feet below ground level, depending on the world size.
- There is a Dragon Snatcher that is stronger by a good amount, making surface areas extremely dangerous for low levels characters. Even with gold gear, they seem to take little damage.
- Life reduced from 100 to 60.
- Snatchers are now drawn above tiles rather than behind them.
- They now extend their stems at random, rather than when the player is moving rapidly.
- 1.0.5: They now pass through blocks, are immune to knockback, and no longer extend their stems when struck.
- 1.0.4: Introduced.