|Damage||185 / 128 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Critical chance||29% / 19%|
|Use time||35 (Slow)|
|Tooltip|| Shoots a powerful, high velocity bullet|
Right click to zoom out
|Internal Item ID: 1254|
The Sniper Rifle is a Hardmode post-Plantera ranged weapon that fires a bullet with extremely high damage, though at a far slower rate of fire than most ranged weapons. It has a "zoom" ability that no other weapon can perform. It cannot be auto-fired. The Sniper Rifle is an uncommon drop from Skeleton Snipers in the Slab-walled Dungeon during Hardmode, only after Plantera has been defeated.
The Sniper Rifle's zoom capability is identical to the Rifle Scope, Sniper Scope, and Binoculars' abilities, whereby the screen scrolls temporarily in the direction of the mouse cursor while holding the right-click button, essentially extending your viewing range in one direction.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Rifle Scope or Sniper Scope used along with the Sniper Rifle will increase zoom slightly. The exact increase depends on your game screen resolution. For example, at 800x600, view is increased by 3 tiles; at 1680x1050, 7 tiles.
- Musket Balls and Silver Bullets shot from this weapon gain the effects (but not damage) of High Velocity Bullets. They also glow bright yellow while traveling similar to High Velocity Bullets. all other ammo types, however will travel at normal speed, and have the appearance they usually do.
- Zooming will update the Minimap. The same holds true for the Rifle Scope, Sniper Scope, and Binoculars.
- The Sniper Rifle and the Venus Magnum have the same tooltip.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As all damage bonuses are calculated in percentages, the Sniper Rifle's high base damage greatly benefits from equipment and modifier bonuses.
- Although the Sniper Rifle pairs nicely with Exploding Bullets (killing multiple targets, compensating for the low fire rate) one must be very careful, as self-damage from the sniper explosive rounds can easily 2-shot most players.
- Shards from Crystal Bullets also benefit from the Sniper Rifle's high base damage.
- Along with the Revolver, it has the highest ranged velocity in the game.
- The Sniper Rifle can serve the player well when killing enemies which teleport when hit, such as Diabolists, Necromancers, and Nebula Floaters, due to the high one-shot damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sniper Rifle has one of the highest base damages in the game, holding the title for highest damage in 1.2. The Meowmere, Terrarian, and a few more weapons, such as the Bunny Cannon, Dynamite and Explosives deal higher damage.
- It is possible to achieve over a 100% critical strike chance with the proper accessories, armor, and modifiers, as well as being in stealth mode.
- As of 22.214.171.124, it has the highest base critical strike chance of any weapon in the game, succeeding the Obsidian Swordfish by 5%.
History[edit | edit source]
- 126.96.36.199: Increased damage from 128 to 185, crit rate from 19% to 29% and reduced use time from 49 to 35.
- 188.8.131.52: Now drops from Skeleton Sniper.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings • Solar Wings • Vortex Booster • Nebula Mantle • Stardust Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor • Spooky armor • Solar Flare armor • Vortex armor • Nebula armor • Stardust armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen • Martian Saucer • Lunatic Cultist • Celestial Tower • Moon Lord|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Ancient Manipulator • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Spectre Bar • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood • Beetle Husk • Luminite Bar • Solar Fragment • Vortex Fragment • Nebula Fragment • Stardust Fragment|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon • Martian Madness • Lunar Event|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper • Laser Drill • Solar Flare Pickaxe • Solar Flare Axe • Solar Flare Hamaxe • Solar Flare Hammer • Solar Flare Drill • Solar Flare Chainsaw • Vortex Pickaxe • Vortex Axe • Vortex Hamaxe • Vortex Hammer • Vortex Drill • Vortex Chainsaw • Nebula Pickaxe • Nebula Axe • Nebula Hamaxe • Nebula Hammer • Nebula Drill • Nebula Chainsaw • Stardust Pickaxe • Stardust Axe • Stardust Hamaxe • Stardust Hammer • Stardust Drill • Stardust Chainsaw • Drill Containment Unit|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun • Laser Machinegun • Xenopopper • Electrosphere Launcher • Charged Blaster Cannon • Influx Waver • Solar Eruption • Daybreak • Vortex Beater • Phantasm • Nebula Arcanum • Nebula Blaze • Stardust Cell Staff • Stardust Dragon Staff • Star Wrath • Celebration • Last Prism • Lunar Flare • Rainbow Crystal Staff • Lunar Portal Staff • S.D.M.G. • Terrarian • Meowmere|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|