|Tooltip|| Increases view range for guns (Right click to zoom out)|
10% increased ranged damage and critical strike chance
|Internal Item ID: 1858|
The Sniper Scope is a Hardmode, post-Golem accessory that provides 10% increased ranged damage and 10% increased critical strike chance, and increases view range for guns (hold right click and move mouse). Note that the increased view range only works if you are holding a gun.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using the Sniper Scope in tandem with the Rifle Scope will slightly increase the zoom range.
- The Stake Launcher is affected by the increased zoom range, despite not being a gun weapon.
- The Piranha Gun and Sand Gun are not affected by the zoom despite having gun in their names.
- The zooming function is retained even if the Sniper Scope is equipped on the social slot.
- The Sniper Scope actually has a higher critical hit chance than the Destroyer Emblem for guns.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If zoomed in on a biome with different music than the one the player is in, the music will change upon zooming. Ex. The player is standing in a Forest biome, zooms in on a Mushroom biome, the music changes to the Mushroom biome music.
- Having a Sniper Scope equipped, even if you aren't zoomed out, drastically increases the mob spawning rectangle. This can effectively break player made farms that rely on knowledge of the normal spawning rectangle. The exact distance is unknown.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: Fixed bug where zooming with Sniper Scope / Binoculars would go in opposite height direction when in reverse gravity.
- 22.214.171.124: Introduced.