- See also: Underground Snow
A Snow biome is an area dominated by Snow Blocks and Ice Blocks, and displays a constant snowfall effect. Trees within Snow biomes have a snowy cover on them, and yield Boreal Wood, instead of ordinary Wood ( PC version only). During rain, a Snow biome displays a blizzard instead, where snowfall increases and unique enemies spawn.
|Characters||Unique Drops||For Sale|
During a Blood Moon:
From Zombie Eskimos:
From Ice Golems:
From Ice Elementals:
From the terrain:
From any enemy in Hardmode:
From the Merchant:
From the Clothier:
From the Painter:
- Player-created Snow biomes are possible by placing Snow Blocks and/or Ice Blocks in an area.
- Water does not turn into ice blocks in a Snow biome. Ice blocks are generated only on world creation.
- Snow biomes are somewhat immune to surface Hallow and Corruption/Crimson spread, since snow blocks cannot be transformed. However, Ice Blocks are affected and will be transformed into Pink Ice Blocks (Hallow), Purple Ice Blocks (Corruption) and Red Ice Blocks (Crimson), which mostly affects the Underground Snow.
- Grass will not grow on Dirt Blocks in a Snow biome.
- From surface to underground, the snow biome will always generate in a shape similar to a trapezoid.
- The Snow biome will always be located on the opposite side of the world as the Jungle. However, unlike the Jungle, it can be located very close to spawn.
- On the Mobile version, the Snow biome (And underground snow) will only be present in about 1 in 3 worlds.
- 1.2.4: Snow trees now drop Boreal Wood.
- 18.104.22.168.1: Fixed random crashing when in a snow biome in multiplayer.
- 22.214.171.124: Snow particles will no longer spawn on backwalls.
- Now generates in all worlds, instead of only 1/3 of worlds not generated during the Christmas season, and all worlds generated during the Christmas season.
- Blizzard event.
- New background.
- New theme music.
- Unique enemies.
- Underground Snow biome added.
- Snowy trees now drop acorns.
- Can now be corrupted/hallowed.
- Ice Blocks added.
- 1.1.1: Introduced.
| Game mechanics|
|Attack Speed • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage • Data IDs • Day/Night • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty • Environment • Event • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory • Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Minimap • Minions • Modifier • Moon • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement • Player stats • Rarity • Spawn • Storage • Use time • Value • Velocity|