- For strategies on gathering Souls, see Guide:Harvesting Souls.
Soul of Light is a Hardmode crafting material dropped by all enemies in the Underground Hallow with a 1/5 (20%) chance. On an Expert Mode world, this rate is increased to ~2/5 (36%). This includes stray enemies not native to the biome, such as Goblins and other enemies.
Crafting all items, including a full stack of five Light Discs, but excluding the Boss-summoning items, requires 89 Souls of Light. One of each Boss-summoning item requires an additional 9/14 Souls of Light (PC/Console), for a total of 98/103.
Console and Mobile version:
- Although the tooltip says: 'The essence of light creatures', souls of light can be dropped by any enemy as long as they are in the Underground Hallow biome.
- Bosses cannot drop Souls of Light.
- New animated sprite.
- Drop rate is increased for Expert Mode maps.
- Drop rate increased from 1 in 7 (~14%) to 1 in 5 (20%).
- Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.1: Introduced.