| Soul of Light
|| Crafting material
| Max stack
|| 'The essence of light creatures'
- For strategies on how to gather Souls, see Guide:Harvesting Souls.
Soul of Light is a Hardmode crafting material dropped by all enemies in the Underground Hallow with a 20% chance. This includes stray enemies not native to the biome, such as Goblins or even monsters of "evil" biomes like The Underworld. Crafting all items, including a full stack of five Light Discs, but excluding the Boss-summoning items, requires 115 Souls of Light. One of each Boss-summoning item requires an additional 12/41 Souls of Light (PC/Console), for a total of 127/156.
 Used in
- Although the tooltip says: 'The essence of light creatures', souls of light can be dropped by any enemy as long as they are in the Underground Hallow biome.
- A very easy way to farm them is to go to an Underground Hallow biome near Lava and allow the enemies there to die in lava, since the souls are of higher than blue rarity, they won't be affected by the Lava.
- Drop rate increased from 1 in 7 (~14%) to 1 in 5 (20%).
- Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.1: Introduced.