The Soul of Might is one of the seven souls that can be obtained in Hardmode. It is a crafting material dropped by the The Destroyer, and on Mobile and versions, rarely from Lepus. Souls of Might are used mainly for crafting powerful non-magic weapons, such as the Megashark and Light Discs.
Crafting all items, including a full stack of five Light Discs, requires 52 Souls of Might on the Desktop version (102 on Console versions and Mobile versions), meaning the player must defeat The Destroyer 2-3 times (3-6 times on Console/Mobile).
Console and Mobile Versions[edit | edit source]
- While Lepus can drop Souls of Might, they are useless pre-Hardmode as they cannot make anything without a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.
- Unlike Souls obtained from the other Mechanical Bosses, the Souls of Might are relatively easy to collect because, rather than dropping far away or high in the air, they drop from the body segment of The Destroyer that is closest to the player, often so close to the player that they may be instantly picked up.
- All types of Souls are very useful for selling as profit once your necessary items have been crafted.
- New animated sprite (previously ).
- No longer needed to craft Biome Keys from Biome Key Molds.
- Now needed to craft the Avenger Emblem.
- Sell value reduced from 2 to 80 .
- Now used to make the Pickaxe Axe and the Drax.
- 1.2.1: Now used in the crafting of Hardmode Biome Keys.
- Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- No longer needed to craft the Excalibur.
- 1.1: Introduced.