| Soul of Night
|| Crafting material
| Max stack
|| 'The essence of dark creatures'
| Internal Item ID: 521
- For strategies on gathering souls, see Guide:Harvesting Souls.
Soul of Night is a Hardmode crafting material dropped by all enemies killed in the Underground Corruption or Underground Crimson, with a 1/5 (20%) chance. This includes stray enemies not native to the biome, such as Goblins and other enemies.
Crafting all items, excluding the Boss-summoning items, requires 87 Souls of Night. One of each Boss-summoning item requires an additional 12 Souls of Night, for a total of 99.
- Although the tooltip says: 'The essence of dark creatures', Souls of Night can be dropped by enemies that are not native to the Underground Corrupton/Crimson.
- Enemies spawned by a statue will not drop souls even if the statue is in the Underground Corruption. Spawned Bunnies and Goldfish that are turned into their corrupt counterpart (due to Vile Powder or a Blood Moon) will not drop souls either.
- Drop rate increased from 1 in 7 (~14%) to 1 in 5 (20%).
- Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.1: Introduced.