Today we are making changes to the login system on Gamepedia to give you the option to merge your Gamepedia and Twitch accounts.
If you decide to merge your accounts, you’ll be able to log in to Gamepedia with your Twitch username and password, but all users will now be redirected to the main Gamepedia.com page to log on regardless of if you choose to merge your accounts or not. Learn more about the changes here.
The Chaos Elemental is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in the Underground Hallow biome. It runs around and teleports quickly and chaotically (hence the name), attempting to damage the player by making contact.
Like many Underground Hallow enemies, Chaos Elementals have a glowing pink after-image.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chaos Elementals are immune to the Poisoned, Venom, On Fire!, Shadowflame, and Cursed Inferno debuffs.
- Chaos Elementals will not spawn if the player is standing in front of player-placed Walls. Keep this in mind if constructing a farm. On Xbox360 if a player is standing in front of a generated cabin wall Chaos Elementals will not spawn.
- Chaos Elementals will only spawn on top of Pearlstone Blocks. Verify
- Chaos Elementals will teleport anywhere in a random position within 20 tiles from their target, but at least 4 tiles away, and only into a space that is at least 4 blocks tall and 3 blocks wide. They will not teleport into lava, though they can easily fall into it after teleporting.
- Chaos Elementals are known to occasionally drop Rainbow Rod, but the chance of dropping one is very low.
- Spectral Elementals appear to be slightly slower than Chaos Elementals. On the Mobile version the difference is bigger.
- On the Mobile version, the spawn rate is severely lowered, causing Chaos Elementals to be extremely rare.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- On the Mobile version, the player can get Chaos and Spectral Elementals to spawn more often by standing in the purity, and have Hallow around them in the Cavern Layer. Verify
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Now has a chance to drop the Blessed Apple.
- 1.2.3: No longer spawns in the Underground Hallow if the world is not in Hardmode.
- 22.214.171.124: Now drops the Rod of Discord properly.
- 1.1: Introduced.