|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Defense|| 42 (with mask), 30 (with hood)|
/ 24 (full set)
|Set Bonus|| Mask: Magic damage done will damage extra nearby enemies |
Hood: Magic damage done to enemies heals the player with the lowest health
- Not to be confused with Spectral armor.
Spectre Armor is a Hardmode, post-Plantera armor set that offers magic weapon boosts. Crafting a full set with one headpiece requires 54 bars, crafted from 324 Chlorophyte Ore and 27 Ectoplasm. For both headpieces, 66 bars crafted from 396 Ore and 33 Ectoplasm are needed.
Wearing a full set causes small white orbs to manifest whenever the player hits an enemy with a magic weapon. What these orbs do depends on the headpiece option chosen. The Spectre Mask causes the orbs to act as homing projectiles, while the Spectre Hood causes the orbs to travel to a player, healing them.
- Homing orbs (set bonus): Dealing magic damage spawns orb projectiles on impact that home in on nearby enemies, or the same enemy. Orb damage is 1/2 the damage dealt by the magic weapon fired, before it's doubled by a critical hit. (if a critical deals 200 damage, the orb will have 50 base damage)
- Maximum mana boosted +60
- Mana usage reduced -13%
- Magic damage and critical chance boosted +5%
- Life steal orbs (set bonus): Magic damage dealt by the player spawns healing orbs that fly to the player, restoring health by 20% of damage done (dealing 50 magic damage heals 10 health). In team multiplayer, the player with the lowest health is healed instead.
- All magic damage dealt by the player is reduced by 40%.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
PC Version[edit | edit source]
| Orichalcum Anvil /|
Console/Mobile Version[edit | edit source]
| Orichalcum Anvil /|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If an attack doesn't do at least 3 damage while the Mask is equipped, a damaging orb will not appear.
- If an attack doesn't do at least 5 damage while the Hood is equipped, a healing orb will not appear.
- While the Hood is equipped, hitting the same target repeatedly will yield less healing after a short time. This makes the healing far less effective against bosses and other tough enemies. One can still heal the normal amount by switching targets.
- Wearing the full set with either helmet makes the player semi-transparent. Also, if the player is riding a Minecart, it will also appear semi-transparent.
- / The Spectre Hood has the old statistics increasing magic damage but does have the 2 hearts per second cap on healing.
- Dyes aren't as visible on a full set of spectre armor as they are on other armor sets because it makes the player semi-transparent.
- Depending on strategy used, Spectre armor with the hood can be useless against the Moon Lord due to his Moon bite Debuff which disables item healing.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Casting long-lasting, multi-hit spells, such as the Nimbus Rod, Rainbow Gun or Magnet Sphere, is a great way to make effortless use of the set bonuses.
- The combined effects of Mana Sickness and the Spectre Hood's damage reduction will render many magic weapons too weak to be effective, so players should find an alternate means of restoring mana. Magic Cuffs are surprisingly effective as it capitalizes on any damage taken.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Spectre" is another word for ghost or spirit.
- The female version of the armor, along with having different textures, is slightly more blue than the male version, most notably the eyes.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Spectre Set with Hood no longer heals with the Moon Bite debuff enabled.
- 18.104.22.168: Now requires Spectre Bars instead of Ectoplasm and Chlorophyte Bars.
- 22.214.171.124: Spectre Hood no longer increases mana usage.
- Spectre Mask introduced.
- Spectre Hood now reduces damage by 40% and increases mana usage by 20%.
- Life-steal ratio of the Spectre Hood set increased from 8% to 20%.
- Increased defense of existing pieces:
- Spectre Hood defense increased from 4 to 6.
- Spectre Robe defense increased from 12 to 14.
- Spectre Pants defense increased to from 8 to 10.
- Healing capped at 2 hearts per second.
- Flame traps no longer trigger the set bonus.
- 126.96.36.199: Frost Staff will now trigger Spectre's set bonus.
- Life-steal ratio of the set bonus reduced from 10% to 8%.
- Added requirement of Chlorophyte Bars to craft.
- Reduced defense:
- Spectre Hood defense decreased from 6 to 4.
- Spectre Robe defense decreased from 14 to 12.
- Spectre Pants defense decreased from 11 to 8.
- Traps no longer trigger Spectre Armor.
- Spectre Armor does less healing each time the same projectile deals damage.
- Reduced defense:
- 188.8.131.52: Notes from the Magical Harp now count as magic and should trigger the spectre set bonus.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings • Solar Wings • Vortex Booster • Nebula Mantle • Stardust Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor • Spooky armor • Solar Flare armor • Vortex armor • Nebula armor • Stardust armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen • Martian Saucer • Lunatic Cultist • Celestial Tower • Moon Lord|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Ancient Manipulator • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Spectre Bar • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood • Beetle Husk • Luminite Bar • Solar Fragment • Vortex Fragment • Nebula Fragment • Stardust Fragment|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon • Martian Madness • Lunar Event|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper • Laser Drill • Solar Flare Pickaxe • Solar Flare Axe • Solar Flare Hamaxe • Solar Flare Hammer • Solar Flare Drill • Solar Flare Chainsaw • Vortex Pickaxe • Vortex Axe • Vortex Hamaxe • Vortex Hammer • Vortex Drill • Vortex Chainsaw • Nebula Pickaxe • Nebula Axe • Nebula Hamaxe • Nebula Hammer • Nebula Drill • Nebula Chainsaw • Stardust Pickaxe • Stardust Axe • Stardust Hamaxe • Stardust Hammer • Stardust Drill • Stardust Chainsaw • Drill Containment Unit|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun • Laser Machinegun • Xenopopper • Electrosphere Launcher • Charged Blaster Cannon • Influx Waver • Solar Eruption • Daybreak • Vortex Beater • Phantasm • Nebula Arcanum • Nebula Blaze • Stardust Cell Staff • Stardust Dragon Staff • Star Wrath • Celebration • Last Prism • Lunar Flare • Rainbow Crystal Staff • Lunar Portal Staff • S.D.M.G. • Terrarian • Meowmere|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|