|Bonus|| Shows the location of treasure and ore|
5 minute duration
The Spelunker Potion is a buff potion that buffs the player with Spelunker; it gives a slight glow to all nearby ores, gems, chests, Crystal Hearts, pots, and alchemical herbs. The buff lasts for five minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon. Since it faintly illuminates the surrounding blocks, a player might be able to see caves that contain ore in walls.
Every type of ore will be displayed in a specific color:
- Copper Ore has a reddish tone.
- Iron Ore is red and blue, flashing.
- Silver Ore has a blue shade.
- Gold Ore acts like copper, but with a slight yellow tint.
- Demonite Ore is very hard to distinguish from silver. Since it always gives off a glow, Spelunker is not needed to search for it.
- Cobalt Ore is an intense blue, making it very distinct.
- Palladium Ore is a intense orange. It is distinct, although possible to confuse with copper.
- Mythril Ore looks like silver, only the texture is slightly different and has a hint of green.
- Orichalcum Ore is a pink with a little silver mixed in.
- Adamantite Ore is like copper but darker and more red.
- Titanium Ore is like silver, but quite darker.
- Chlorophyte Ore is deep green, making it easily mistakable for plants in low light.
- Spelunker Potions are best used while playing in high display resolutions.
- Spelunker Potions do not light up Hellstone as it is not considered an ore. However, this is not much of an issue due to the light from the abundant nearby lava.
- The map displays ores very distinctly making Spelunker Potions almost obsolete.
- Since the 1.2 update, one can use the Spelunker potion to get his ores updated on the minimap and mine them later with the help of it.
- Crimtane does not glow under the effect of the potion, although it glows naturally so this is not much of a problem.
|Archery • Battle • Featherfall • Gills • Gravitation • Hunter • Invisibility |
Ironskin • Magic Power • Mana Regeneration • Night Owl • Obsidian Skin
Regeneration • Shine • Spelunker • Swiftness • Thorns • Water Walking
Flasks (Cursed Flames • Fire • Gold • Ichor • Nanites • Party • Poison • Venom)