| Spelunker Potion
|| Shows the location of treasure and ore|
5 minute duration
| Max stack
| Use time
The Spelunker Potion is a buff potion that buffs the player with Spelunker; it causes all nearby ore, gems, chests, Crystal Hearts, pots, alchemical herbs and Life Fruit to become visible on the map regardless of brightness with a colored tint. The color varies between game versions (PC/Console version).
The buff lasts for five minutes and, like all buffs, can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon.
 Console ore colors
| Console-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console version of Terraria.
In the console version, every type of ore will be displayed in a specific color and will glow and flash:
- Copper Ore has a reddish tone.
- Iron Ore is red and blue, flashing.
- Silver Ore has a blue shade.
- Gold Ore acts like copper, but with a slight yellow tint.
- Demonite Ore is very hard to distinguish from silver. Since it always gives off a glow, Spelunker is not needed to search for it.
- Cobalt Ore is an intense blue, making it very distinct.
- Mythril Ore looks like silver, only the texture is slightly different and has a hint of green.
- Adamantite Ore is like copper but darker and more red.
Ores and gems, excluding diamond.
 PC ore colors
| PC-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the PC version of Terraria.
In the PC version, ore (and other treasures) will be displayed with a yellow tint. This will somewhat alter the natural color of the highlighted treasure, such as making Cobalt turquoise and Orichalcum red. Some ores are not affected, these being Crimtane (unlike its counterpart Demonite), Meteorite, Obsidian, and Hellstone. The two former do however provide their own light.
Crystal Heart and Life Fruits
- Spelunker Potions are best used while playing in high display resolutions.
- The sparkling effect seems to be greatest with Lighting setting: Retro.
- The map displays ores very distinctly, making Spelunker Potions almost obsolete.
- 1.2.3: Treasure seen by the Spelunker Potion now have a gold colored tint instead of a map-affecting glow.
- 1.2: Displays new treasure and has a Platinum Ore version of the recipe.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.