| PC-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the PC version of Terraria.
Spider Nests are rare mini-biomes that can be located underground, noted by the black background wall and the numerous webs filling the area. The Cobwebs filling this area rapidly grow back, which is a unique feature of the biome. Spider Nests are the only location where one can find Web Covered Chests and all unique treasures discovered therein. It is also the only place the bound Stylist will spawn.
- The spider and cobweb spawning properties of the biome are a result of the special wall tile present. Removing all the wall tiles with a hammer will effectively remove the biome.
- While the cobweb here is infinite, not every one that you destroy gives cobweb (only a 25% chance)
- It IS possible for a Spider Nest to spawn without a chest accompanying it, and is most likely.
- One of the background pieces appears to be someone bound in web. This could be a reference to the actual Lost Girl.
- 1.2.3: The Stylist NPC can now be found within spider nests.
- 1.2: Introduced.