Spider Nests are mini-biomes located underground, noted by the black background wall and the numerous Cobwebs filling the area. The Cobwebs rapidly grow back, which is a unique feature of the biome. Spider Nests can rarely contain Web Covered Chests, which they must generate with at world creation. The bound Stylist NPC can spawn here.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
From Black Recluses:
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Enter your first Spider Nest.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The spider and cobweb spawning properties of the biome are a result of the special wall tile present. Removing all the wall tiles with a hammer will effectively remove the biome.
- While the cobweb here is infinite, not every one that you destroy drops a Cobweb item; rather, only 1/4 will drop Cobwebs (25% chance).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Dangersense Potion can be useful in locating Spider Nests, because the Cobwebs inside sparkle in a unique pattern.
- Creating three-block high diagonal tunnels into a Spider Nest using a hammer to slope the floor and ceiling will prohibit spiders from exiting (or entering, if they spawn outside), but not the player, this can be a good tactic to trap and easily kill spiders. Similarly, spiders can not fit into two-block wide vertical tunnels, and can be used the same way.
- May be conducive to farming, as when the player and all possible enemy spawn points are within Spider Walls, only one enemy type (spiders — Wall Creeper/Black Recluse) will spawn.
History[edit | edit source]
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • The Corruption • The Crimson • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Floating Island • Granite Cave • Marble Cave • Spider Nest • Bee Hive • Dungeon • Lihzahrd Temple|
|Other||Living Tree • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Underground Cabin • Chasm • Pyramid • Jungle Shrine • Living Mahogany Tree • Ruined House|