Spider Nests are mini-biomes located underground, noted by the black background wall and the numerous Cobwebs filling the area. The Cobwebs rapidly grow back, which is a unique feature of the biome. Spider Nests can rarely contain Web Covered Chests, which they must generate with at world creation. The bound Stylist NPC can spawn here.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
From Black Recluses:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The spider and cobweb spawning properties of the biome are a result of the special wall tile present. Removing all the wall tiles with a hammer will effectively remove the biome.
- While the cobweb here is infinite, not every one that you destroy drops a Cobweb item; rather, only 1/4 will drop Cobwebs (25% chance).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Dangersense Potion can be useful in locating Spider Nests, because the Cobwebs inside sparkle in a unique pattern.
- Creating three-block high diagonal tunnels into a Spider Nest using a hammer to slope the floor and ceiling will prohibit spiders from exiting (or entering, if they spawn outside), but not the player, this can be a good tactic to trap and easily kill spiders. Similarly, spiders can not fit into two-block wide vertical tunnels, and can be used the same way.
- May be conducive to farming, as when the player and all possible enemy spawn points are within Spider Walls, only one enemy type (spiders — Wall Creeper/Black Recluse) will spawn.
History[edit | edit source]
| Game mechanics|
|Attack Speed • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage • Data IDs • Day/Night • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty • Environment • Event • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory • Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Minimap • Minions • Modifier • Moon • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement • Player stats • Rarity • Spawn • Storage • Use time • Value • Velocity|