Spider Nests are rare mini-biomes that can be located underground, noted by the black background wall and the numerous webs filling the area. The Cobwebs filling this area rapidly grow back, which is a unique feature of the biome. Spider Nests are the only location where one can find Web Covered Chests and all unique treasures discovered therein. It is also the only place the bound Stylist will spawn.
|Characters||Unique treasures||Unique Drops|
|| From Black Recluses:
- The spider and cobweb spawning properties of the biome are a result of the special wall tile present. Removing all the wall tiles with a hammer will effectively remove the biome.
- While the cobweb here is infinite, not every one that you destroy drops a cobweb, only a 25% chance.
- It IS possible for a Spider Nest to spawn without a chest accompanying it, and is most likely.
- Strangely enough, sometimes Wall Creepers and Black Recluses can spawn outside of the nest.
- The Dangersense Potion can be invaluable in locating Spider Nests, because the Cobwebs inside sparkle in a unique pattern.
- Creating three-block high diagonal tunnels into a Spider Nest using a hammer to slope the floor and ceiling will prohibit spiders from exiting (or entering, if they spawn outside), but not the player, this can be a good tactic to trap and easily kill spiders. Similarly, spiders can not fit into two-block wide vertical tunnels, and can be used the same way.
- One of the background pieces appears to be someone bound in web. This could be a reference to the actual Lost Girl.
| Game mechanics|
|Attack Speed • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage • Data IDs • Day/Night • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty • Environment • Event • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory • Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Minimap • Minions • Modifier • Moon • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement • Player stats • Rarity • Spawn • Storage • Use time • Value • Velocity|