- Not to be confused with the Spike Ball enemy found in the Dungeon.
Spiky Balls are consumable weapons that are primarily used as passive traps, by tossing them to the ground, where enemies who pass over them will take damage up to 5 times (after which the Balls vanish). They can also be used as thrown weapons, but they have a very short arc and quickly fall to the ground. Spiky Balls are dropped by all Goblins in the Goblin Army, and can be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer.
- Spiky Balls will not harm the player who threw them, nor will they damage NPCs. They will damage other players in PvP matches.
- Once thrown, a Spiky Ball cannot be picked up again.
- Spiky Balls will pass through wooden platforms.
- Useful against groups of enemies, or bosses, if you can get them to charge you through a group of Spiky Balls, or fly/tunnel through them.
- Especially useful against the Eater of Worlds, since all its segments continue emerging from the same point on the ground.
- When wearing frost armor, spiky balls will glow from the Frostburn effect and can serve as makeshift Glowsticks.
- 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.1: Sell cost changed from 4 to 16 . Can now be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer.
- 1.0.6: Damage increased from 12 to 15.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.