|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Buy / Sell||80 / 16|
Spiky Balls are consumable weapons that are primarily used as passive traps, by tossing them to the ground, where enemies who pass over them will take damage up to 5 times (after which the Balls vanish). They can also be used as thrown weapons, but they have a very short arc and quickly fall to the ground. Spiky Balls are dropped by all Goblins in the Goblin Army, and can be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer.
- Spiky Balls will not harm the player who threw them, nor will they damage NPCs. They will damage other players in PvP matches.
- Once thrown, a Spiky Ball cannot be picked up again.
- Spiky Balls will pass through wooden platforms.
- Useful against groups of enemies, or bosses, if you can get them to charge you through a group of Spiky Balls, or fly/tunnel through them.
- Especially useful against the Eater of Worlds, since all its segments continue emerging from the same point on the ground.
- When wearing frost armor, spiky balls will glow from the Frostburn effect and can serve as makeshift Glowsticks.
- 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.1: Sell cost changed from 4 to 16 . Can now be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer.
- 1.0.6: Damage increased from 12 to 15.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Potions • Consumable weapons • Ammunition • Seeds • Materials (Ores • Bars) • Paint • Other|
|Consumable weapons and Explosives|
|Normal||Snowball • Rotten Egg • Shuriken • Throwing Knife • Poisoned Knife • Star Anise • Spiky Ball • Holy Water • Unholy Water • Bone|
|Explosive||Beenade • Grenade • Bomb • Sticky Bomb • Dynamite • Explosives • Land Mine|