Spiky Ball Trap
From Terraria Wiki
|Spiky Ball Trap|
|Type||Block – Mechanism|
|Dimensions||1 wide ˣ 1 high|
|Internal Item ID: 1148|
|Internal Tile ID: 137 (4)|
When activated, the Traps dispense orange spiky balls that bounce several times, dealing around 90 damage to players and enemies. They have a cooldown of 4 seconds.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Damage to players is doubled.
- If there are at least two blocks directly under the trap, the ball will be ejected up rather than dropping down.
- Only bounces off solid blocks, not platforms.
- If there is just one block beneath a Trap, the ball will go straight through the block. Therefore, you can set up two rows of Spiky Ball Traps on top of each other and double the number of balls falling down on every activation.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Effective for home defense, especially using the enemy-triggered Pressure Plate.
- Effective for farming enemies.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: Wearing Frost Armor no longer makes Spiky Ball Traps give Frostburn debuffs.
- 1.2: Introduced.